post #271 of 367 Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenAdam;12230542 
Your room is CRAZY dude. That is the ultimate geek cave. Sooo jealous.

This sums it up. When I am in my 30's I hope to have my own house with a setup like this. Very Nice!

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 367 Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post
I live in TN as well. Memphis,TN to be exact

You must be from Middle or East TN like Nashville because no one in the Western part would be smart enough to set up something that nice
LOL... That's funny. My wife and I lived in Memphis (Well, she did while we were married going to school in UTHS) near the Target House area in Midtown. I remember equipping her with pepper sprays and small pistol before she left, making her look like Lara Croft. Memphis is a funny town... Loved the food, still miss the food, I go back every now and then just for the food, but you never know when you are in a safe area or murder prone area. Thank God that in the 4 years she was there, not even a handbag snatch happened, but we came close a few times to real live crime action drama... And then you drive a bit down on Poplar, and before you know it, it's like you are in a whole another city. Good times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser37 View Post
Are those red chairs just for style points or are they comfy? How much did they cost?
Those chairs are from Ikea I got couple of years back. I got them on sale for like $50 a pop with the cushions, but they are normally around twice that. I am changing them out for a more traditional seating like a loveseat, but just haven't found a right combo between comfort and looks yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircles View Post
wait, whats that? LAN party at yours? oh an di dont need to bring my own? awesome.
Those pics are the original pics before couple of updates, but yes, these will game when you need them to. As much as I am ashamed to say though, they have not gamed in awhile, and probably will be either upgraded or replaced even before a single chance to flex their muscles in a gaming environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatpex99 View Post
This sums it up. When I am in my 30's I hope to have my own house with a setup like this. Very Nice!
Thanks! Take it from me though... Dunno how close you are to your thirties, but as cliche and oversaid as this may sound, thing change all of the sudden when you hit 30s... It's not a milestone you should look forward to by any means.
post #273 of 367 Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
333mhz

Liked: 1
Just wondering, sense you have a sweet mancave that the wife approved of and you mentioned earlier that your buisness has picked up, do you own a hot car?

.:VW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 367 Old 02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 74
i love the white computer tower!
it could actually fit in with our furniture here,so i would get bonus geek points from the mrs...what is it?

post #275 of 367 Old 02-10-2011, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser37 View Post
Just wondering, sense you have a sweet mancave that the wife approved of and you mentioned earlier that your buisness has picked up, do you own a hot car?
LOL... I used to drive a 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, with about $10000 worth of upgrades including VOLK TE37 19" Rims, Stillen Cat Back Exhaust, Stillen Racing Cat Converter, AEM CAI, Custom Intake Plenum, Custom ECU Program, NISMO Coil Overs, and to top it all off, a 150Shot ZEX Nitrous Kit with dual tanks. I also did a full custom fiberglass sub install with JL Audio W7 12" Sub and JL Audio 500W Monoblock amp, with full Dynomat treatment all over the car. However, I traded it in 2007 for a Infiniti M45 with Sports Package because I needed a more of a sensible car. Last year in July, I traded the car in for a 2010 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L. My wife thought I was crazy trading in a Infiniti M45 for a Hyundai, but she agrees with me now that it's by far the best car I have driven to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMission View Post
i love the white computer tower!
it could actually fit in with our furniture here,so i would get bonus geek points from the mrs...what is it?
I am assuming the "white" case you are referring to is my HTPC (One next to the speakers) and it's actually "silver" CoolerMaster Stacker. I got it during CoolerMaster's annual sale of their BStock items with free shipping couple of years back. Wire management is PITA, but you are right, it's a beast. For some odd reason, it feels much roomier in there than my HAF-X, when dimensions of the HAFX is actually a bit bigger. Some cases I plan to keep for a LOOONG time, and this is one of them, along with my Antec 1200... I dunno why, but I am really attached to these two cases. My new favorite case however is that beastly LianLi case I call my "Server"... Once again, wire management is PITA, and ventilation could be better, but I love that thing...
post #276 of 367 Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Liked: 40
MAN I'm jealous...

Commencing smooth jazz in 3... 2... 1...

post #277 of 367 Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 AM
333mhz

Liked: 11
That room is BadAss.. great work. Mad geek props for making all that hardware look presentable.

One thing is for sure, you will single-handedly keep Windex in business with all that glass
post #278 of 367 Old 02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
333mhz

Liked: 0
my expression when i saw it finished eek.gif

Nicki Minaj wink.gif

post #279 of 367 Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 98
Wowowowowowow eek.gifthumb.gifdrool.gif
now box it all up and ship it to my house biggrin.gif
seriously thought nice work

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #280 of 367 Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Few more additions and updates coming to you a bit later... I might also redo the layout of this thread for better organization as well... Stay tuned everyone.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page