[Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies Club And General Information Thread - Page 304 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3031 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 02:34 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlDyer View Post

Do you guys think Litecoin will ever rise to something like 100$ per coin? Just got my mining started with a 7950, but I won't really be a dedicated miner as I play demanding games a lot, but we will see. CS:GO is perfectly playable, though. smile.gif

Its hella cheap now, no one can know for sure if it will rise that high but its called "investing" you should try biggrin.gif
No but seriously, it is forecasted to be rise higher than wiz khalifa so yeah, i've bought some for future "money"
college aint cheap tongue.gif

superhead91: We have reached a point where we're seriously discussing whether we need 6 cores or 20 cores to be able to browse the web more efficiently. What a time to be alive.
Other Builds (Click to show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 21
Yeah I'm expecting it to rise high and thats why I'm investing in it. I also need money for studying etc.
post #3033 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 04:10 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by un-nefer View Post

I was curious and thought I'd give it a go, but for the life of me I can not get it to work...

I'm using cudaminer with my nvidia gfx cards and when it starts it gives a http 500 error, does anyone know how to fix this?
OK well I gave it another go and I can get it working if I use an external pool and wallet - but I can not get Litecoin-QT to work properly with solo mining and my own wallet.

Anyway, I tried a bunch of different launch options and settled for the follow startup commands:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://america.mine-litecoin.com -u username.worker -p mypassword -d 0 -i 0 -l K16x16 -C 2
cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://america.mine-litecoin.com -u username.worker -p mypassword -d 1 -i 0 -l K16x16 -C 2

This allows me to track each gpu as there own worker with mine-litecoin.com smile.gif

Using K16x16 gives the highest gh/s so far, with each GTX680 doing ~220gh/s. So ~440gh/s when both gpus are running. Not great in comparison to AMD gpus. I have a 4x 5850's in a box that I used for boinc, I might grab them out and see how they go tongue.gif

A little wishful thinking:
Now, using a litecoin calculator, ~440gh/s will churn out ~0.3 ltc a day and make a return of $2.34/day or ~$71 a month if power consumption costs are ignored, however, if the cost of for power is included, it's a totally different outcome completely.

Power cost in my area is currently ~$0.20/kWh, and with both cards rated at ~195w max, they'll consume somewhere close to 390W of power when both are running at 100% - then add an extra 100W for the system and my rig is at ~490W. Now if I add the power costs and usage into a litecoin calculator, the rig will now only make me a measly return of only $0.04/day or ~$1.23 a month (if sold every month) tongue.gif

So the only real way to make money of this using 2x gtx680's is to use solar/green power to offset the power consumed. If my solar panels/green power can offset all the power used by the rig, then that's ~$71/month (current rate) I'll be making (if I sell the ltc each month) - hardly worth the effort tbh - and at that rate, it'd take me almost 2 years just to make the money back on the cost of the rig...

But like the guy in the news the other day, who bought $27 worth of bitcoins in 2009 and held onto them and now they are valued at almost $900K - I'd like to think optimistically about ltc and hope ltc will increase in value over the next 4 years as well.

It then makes more sense to me that if I can mine ~9.37 ltc a month at no cost (thx to solar power) and keep it up for a year, then that's ~112 ltc I've mined - from there, it's just a matter of hoping and preying that ltc can get up to at least $100/ltc in the next couple of years, because then those 112 ltc will be worth over $11K tongue.gif

Saying that, I'd think I'd rather just buy $1000 worth of ltc and keep them in a wallet for the next few years and not even bother about mining ltc at all, and then cash in when they are worth something decent wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3034 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Programmer

Liked: 150

let the flames begin.
post #3035 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by un-nefer View Post

OK well I gave it another go and I can get it working if I use an external pool and wallet - but I can not get Litecoin-QT to work properly with solo mining and my own wallet.

Anyway, I tried a bunch of different launch options and settled for the follow startup commands:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://america.mine-litecoin.com -u username.worker -p mypassword -d 0 -i 0 -l K16x16 -C 2
cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://america.mine-litecoin.com -u username.worker -p mypassword -d 1 -i 0 -l K16x16 -C 2

This allows me to track each gpu as there own worker with mine-litecoin.com smile.gif

Using K16x16 gives the highest gh/s so far, with each GTX680 doing ~220gh/s. So ~440gh/s when both gpus are running. Not great in comparison to AMD gpus. I have a 4x 5850's in a box that I used for boinc, I might grab them out and see how they go tongue.gif

A little wishful thinking:
Now, using a litecoin calculator, ~440gh/s will churn out ~0.3 ltc a day and make a return of $2.34/day or ~$71 a month if power consumption costs are ignored, however, if the cost of for power is included, it's a totally different outcome completely.

Power cost in my area is currently ~$0.20/kWh, and with both cards rated at ~195w max, they'll consume somewhere close to 390W of power when both are running at 100% - then add an extra 100W for the system and my rig is at ~490W. Now if I add the power costs and usage into a litecoin calculator, the rig will now only make me a measly return of only $0.04/day or ~$1.23 a month (if sold every month) tongue.gif

So the only real way to make money of this using 2x gtx680's is to use solar/green power to offset the power consumed. If my solar panels/green power can offset all the power used by the rig, then that's ~$71/month (current rate) I'll be making (if I sell the ltc each month) - hardly worth the effort tbh - and at that rate, it'd take me almost 2 years just to make the money back on the cost of the rig...

But like the guy in the news the other day, who bought $27 worth of bitcoins in 2009 and held onto them and now they are valued at almost $900K - I'd like to think optimistically about ltc and hope ltc will increase in value over the next 4 years as well.

It then makes more sense to me that if I can mine ~9.37 ltc a month at no cost (thx to solar power) and keep it up for a year, then that's ~112 ltc I've mined - from there, it's just a matter of hoping and preying that ltc can get up to at least $100/ltc in the next couple of years, because then those 112 ltc will be worth over $11K tongue.gif

Saying that, I'd think I'd rather just buy $1000 worth of ltc and keep them in a wallet for the next few years and not even bother about mining ltc at all, and then cash in when they are worth something decent wink.gif

You have 4 5850s??? That's an easy 1600kh/s bro tongue.gif
Total combined power usage would around 850-900w, so do the math. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyismaster View Post

let the flames begin.

Why?
post #3036 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Programmer

Quote:

let the flames begin.

cause my room is hot.

and someone should donate me another 7870 to pair with this one to put into crossfire. rolleyes.gif
post #3037 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:41 AM
♪ Cruisin' down the street in my 6-4 ♪

Liked: 162
Quote:

cause my room is hot.

and someone should donate me another 7870 to pair with this one to put into crossfire. rolleyes.gif

Do you mean 7970? And what speeds are you getting from your card? I find Mine-Litecoin's online stats to be fairly inaccurate most of the time.

post #3038 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

You have 4 5850s??? That's an easy 1600kh/s bro tongue.gif
Total combined power usage would around 850-900w, so do the math. thumb.gif
Believe it or not, last night was the first time I mined litecoin lol, so I used the gfx cards in my gaming rig wink.gif
post #3039 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

Do you mean 7970? And what speeds are you getting from your card? I find Mine-Litecoin's online stats to be fairly inaccurate most of the time.

no 7870, im seeing an average 600-700, but that was my peak of the day for about 15 minutes.

7970's aint got nothing on me tongue.gif
post #3040 of 22913 Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 54
Remining as well.
Problem is my Hashrate.
Cards are PC 290 NonX Unclocked.X3
I am getting like 700mhash tops from each card. frown.gif

Quick Reply