MSI unveils their new GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, SEA HAWK EK X - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
EKWB Forum Support Representative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 279
MSI® unveils their new GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics card, SEA HAWK EK X

EK Water Blocks, Slovenia based premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer is proud to announce a new partnership with MSI®, Taiwanese multinational information technology corporation, for their latest expansion in the GAMING graphics card lineup with the MSI GeForce® GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X and MSI GeForce® 1070 SEA HAWK EK X.

EK Water Blocks is very honoured to be approached by MSI for this exclusive GTX 1080 and 1070 graphics card. Engineered and carefully-crafted with close attention to details, SEA HAWK EK water block includes premium design elements such as its Full-Cover form factor, central inlet split-flow cooling engine for the best possible cooling performance and distinctive MSI details.

The SEA HAWK EK X comes with a pre-installed water block out of the box. This eliminates the need to remove the cooler or make any other changes to the graphics card and risking causing damage to it. Simply connect the SEA HAWK EK X to the existing water loop in any gaming rig or combine it with any of the EK kits, available in our web shop.

“The MSI SEA HAWK EK X represents the pinnacle in enthusiast-class graphics cards and as such deserves only the best possible cooling”, said Niko Tivadar, EK’s Chief of R&D. “We are proud to say no compromises have been made. This is as good as it gets!”

The NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 10 series is a powerful platform, but true gaming enthusiasts are always looking for the absolute zenith. Therefore, both the core clock and memory clock are higher out of the box to raise in-game performance to a whole new level. The nickel-plated electrolytic base and smooth matte black backplate featuring the famous MSI GAMING dragon illustrate the SEA HAWK EK X’s beastly performance and aesthetics. As an added benefit, the transparent edges of the provide additional protection for the PCB. This high-performance Full-Cover water block with central inlet split-flow cooling engine design delivers the best cooling performance and also works flawlessly with the reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover, this radical design offers great hydraulic performance, allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

SPECIFICATIONS

Name : GTX 1080 SEA HAWK EK X
GPU : GP104-400
Memory size/type : 8GB GDDR5X
Backplate : Yes
Connectivity : DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI / DL-DVI-D
Dimensions : 278 x 165 x 20 mm

Name : GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X
GPU : GP104-200
Memory size/type : 8GB GDDR5
Backplate : Yes
Connectivity : DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI / DL-DVI-D
Dimensions : 278 x 165 x 20 mm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 07:26 AM
Cookie

Liked: 250
This is the card for me! Just need a price and a date thumb.gif

15 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 09:18 AM

Liked: 18
Awesome, EK should run with the cover plate idea for ALL their block, offer plates in the same colors as the backplates to go over the plexi for an opaque look only showing the parts where the coolant flows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Retired Staff

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Absolutely gorgeous. Obvious question is if the current gpu bridges fit (as in the ones to connect blocks together)

Trying to get ahold of me via Skype? I won't get the message as I don't use Skype ~_^
I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.

100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3  Foldathon Participant 2014  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #5 of 98 Old 06-21-2016, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

post #6 of 98 Old 06-21-2016, 05:54 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

Indeed thumb.gif

Definitely glad to hear! Well, if the (rather cute and giddy) noises hubby is making are anything to go by, I suspect we'll be sticking with msi for this generation. Dragon's are tastefully done AND it comes with a good block AND we can use the EK gpu connection terminal thingies of which I keep forgetting the name of? Sounds like a great combination ^_^

Here's hoping they aren't too too expensive in Canada!

Trying to get ahold of me via Skype? I won't get the message as I don't use Skype ~_^
Quote:

100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3  Foldathon Participant 2014  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #7 of 98 Old 06-21-2016, 08:14 AM

Liked: 24
That looks like the backplate from the MSI 1080 Gaming X. For owners of the Gaming X, will we be able to use the MSI backplate and purchase an EK GPU block?

I might opt for nickel anyway, but I'd like to know what my options are. Thanks!
post #8 of 98 Old 06-21-2016, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirillum View Post

That looks like the backplate from the MSI 1080 Gaming X. For owners of the Gaming X, will we be able to use the MSI backplate and purchase an EK GPU block?

I might opt for nickel anyway, but I'd like to know what my options are. Thanks!

We will have our own EK block yes. As for the backplate, you might have to provide your own longer screws.
post #9 of 98 Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 240
I'm VERY interested in these; when will they be sold to general public, and how much? I'm sure you can't disclose that info yet, but it's worth the try biggrin.gif.

Does the MSI gaming X 1070 have a waterblock already made for it? Anytime i check the coling config, it shows it has full cover waterblocks, but i get 404 error message when i add it to cart. redface.gif
post #10 of 98 Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Retired Staff

I'm also curious if retailers will be carrying these, or if it will just be select places.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page