[Amazon] Anker High precision Laser gaming mouse $39.99 - 33% off Just got it and it's amazing. - Page 5 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #41 of 80 Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Networking Nut

Location: Waiting for Monster Hunter to come to PC/PS4/XB1 in EU/NA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Alright, got mine.

A few immediate things:

It's a tad bit bigger than my G9X, will take some getting used to. I can still claw grip, but it's a bit more of a wider grasp; perhaps a picture could explain it better.

Mouse feels like it just glides, even on my worn (yet awesome) puretrak talent; at times though it feels like my movements are getting delayed; possible placebo.

Don't like how the software can only adjust DPI in increments of 200, may be a limitation/implication of the sensor in use on the unit.

Uses the new Avago ADNS 9800 Sensor (Same as Logitech G600 and a few other mice), had to do some digging to find it; posting as someone may be interested in that.

Angle snapping. No option to turn it on or off with the Anker software so I can't tell accurately if it's happening or not.

Other fun stuff:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
'89 Volvo 240 - 6.0L LQ4, T56; Z06 Cam, Ported Heads, LS1 Intake, PTE6xxx, Etc etc - This ain't yer grandpappies' Volvo... - Sold. Shell Lives on with a friend's project...
'93 Volvo 940 SW - "Boost Wagon" , More Slow for the Go - Got TintZx, no radio (because racecar/weight reduction/laziness) and a bunch of BEWST - Now with µSquirt and Boost by gear with my "self-built" WC T5
'95[96] BMW M3 Coupe - Avus Blue "Baby ///Mama" - Too many mods to list - 599.9999 HP - Sold 3/20/2015... If you Love it, Let it go... She's in good hands.
'10 Nissan GTR-35 BLACK. . . - Mine's Internals, Twin 62's, Alcohol + 93 Pump, Trans built by Jack's Transmissions - It's Slow. - Sold 11/2014. Fun while it lasted.

'05 Kawasaki ZX-10R "Rice Rocket V2" - Claimed by Drunk Driver 9/03/2013 mad.gif
'08 Honda CBR 600 RR - [Main]Track(Circuit) Bike - Retired/Parted Out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 80 Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillan View Post

Alright, got mine.

A few immediate things:

It's a tad bit bigger than my G9X, will take some getting used to. I can still claw grip, but it's a bit more of a wider grasp; perhaps a picture could explain it better.

Mouse feels like it just glides, even on my worn (yet awesome) puretrak talent; at times though it feels like my movements are getting delayed; possible placebo.

Don't like how the software can only adjust DPI in increments of 200, may be a limitation/implication of the sensor in use on the unit.

Uses the new Avago ADNS 9800 Sensor (Same as Logitech G600 and a few other mice), had to do some digging to find it; posting as someone may be interested in that.

Angle snapping. No option to turn it on or off with the Anker software so I can't tell accurately if it's happening or not.

Verdict?
post #43 of 80 Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Networking Nut

Location: Waiting for Monster Hunter to come to PC/PS4/XB1 in EU/NA
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgsTouch View Post

Verdict?

Aside from the minor qualms I have with it; absolutely perfect, price included.

Pictures to supplement what I said earlier:

Anker and G9X with Grip Skin side by side: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

How I typically hold my G9X + Anker next to it for size comparison: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Holding the Anker, More of a longer grasp for me: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hand length for measurement (Just off from my wrist but hopefully the viewer gets the idea) : Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

All were taken with a cellphone camera after work when I was tires so apologies for any grain but you're able to make out what counts tongue.gif

That reminds me;

I also like the scroll wheel of the Anker mouse a lot more; I don't need side to side tilt, so that I'm able to just press without too much force to get a response; as well as the full rubber coating is nice.

Other fun stuff:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
'89 Volvo 240 - 6.0L LQ4, T56; Z06 Cam, Ported Heads, LS1 Intake, PTE6xxx, Etc etc - This ain't yer grandpappies' Volvo... - Sold. Shell Lives on with a friend's project...
'93 Volvo 940 SW - "Boost Wagon" , More Slow for the Go - Got TintZx, no radio (because racecar/weight reduction/laziness) and a bunch of BEWST - Now with µSquirt and Boost by gear with my "self-built" WC T5
'95[96] BMW M3 Coupe - Avus Blue "Baby ///Mama" - Too many mods to list - 599.9999 HP - Sold 3/20/2015... If you Love it, Let it go... She's in good hands.
'10 Nissan GTR-35 BLACK. . . - Mine's Internals, Twin 62's, Alcohol + 93 Pump, Trans built by Jack's Transmissions - It's Slow. - Sold 11/2014. Fun while it lasted.

'05 Kawasaki ZX-10R "Rice Rocket V2" - Claimed by Drunk Driver 9/03/2013 mad.gif
'08 Honda CBR 600 RR - [Main]Track(Circuit) Bike - Retired/Parted Out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 80 Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 AM

Liked: 0
Thanks for the post, but amazon.com Do not ship to italy

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk 2
post #45 of 80 Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyx View Post

Hey folks, long-time lurker. I've got my eye on this great-looking mouse and signed up just to ask this question.

At least one Amazon review says that buttons beyond the main three cannot be assigned to be simply mouse buttons, meaning buttons 4, 5 and so on HAVE to be assigned to a keyboard command or whatnot.

My big question is if that will prevent the mouse from sending the mouse 4 and 5 commands needed by X-Mouse, an excellent mouse-enhancing program I rely on to make my mouse extremely versatile. Here is a screenshot of X-Mouse running with my current SideWinder X5:

See how the Mouse 1 and Mouse 4 rows are gold? That's because I was holding those buttons when I took the snapshot. I had to set my SideWinder drivers to default button assignments (no copy/paste shortcuts) before X-Mouse could detect Mouse 4 and 5. That is fine, as X-Mouse has far more functionality than the SideWinder's Intellipoint software.

If I get the Anker I would like to continue using X-Mouse. My concern is that X-Mouse will not be able to read the Anker mouse's buttons 4 and 5 because the driver software apparently does not let you assign those buttons to generic mouse events. If anyone with the Anker mouse could quickly grab X-Mouse and verify that it can intercept buttons 4 and 5, meaning they turn gold in X-Mouse when you press them, I would greatly appreciate it. (If they don't work at first, in the Anker software try setting buttons 4/5 to whatever they were upon first installation.)

Muchas gracias.
Did you try the forward and backward function?
post #46 of 80 Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM
733mhz

Liked: 3
Its back at 39.99. Was contemplating it last week and decided to pull the trigger for $44 :S. Next day i checked back and it was out of stock. I told my brother everyday since then that when its back in the price will drop, lone and behold check back today....and its at 39.99....mad.gif

post #47 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 10:01 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33ds View Post

Its back at 39.99. Was contemplating it last week and decided to pull the trigger for $44 :S. Next day i checked back and it was out of stock. I told my brother everyday since then that when its back in the price will drop, lone and behold check back today....and its at 39.99....mad.gif
Doesn't Amazon reimburse for lower prices on purchases made within a certain amount of days?

Chimp Challenge Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #48 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 18
On the build quality of this mouse is very good and is something between generic and normal?

I'm just thinking about changing mouse and don't know as to whether to choose this mouse or Gigabyte GM-M6980.

Official NZXT Phantom 410 owner's club
My Steam Profile
If you don't understand me, is by i don't speak english but i do my best efford. biggrin.gif
post #49 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
733mhz

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post

Doesn't Amazon reimburse for lower prices on purchases made within a certain amount of days?

IDK i dont shop there much, this is the first ive heard of it. Its sold by anker btw, does that matter?

post #50 of 80 Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Cooper 10 View Post

On the build quality of this mouse is very good and is something between generic and normal?

I'm just thinking about changing mouse and don't know as to whether to choose this mouse or Gigabyte GM-M6980.

This mouse is built very sturdy, feels solid and isn't heavy but isn't light. Has a nice threaded cable and gold plated USB connection. Very nice.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page