[massdrop] Massdrop x HiFiMAN HE-350 - $99 free shipping in US - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 14 Old 04-28-2016, 03:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsan View Post

1-The HE350 will sound better than the RE-00 for sure. (Was gonna tell you to check the ATH-IM50/IM70 but after looking at the price of those RE-00 i cant complain) but it can be a good combo one for the computer and on the move.

2-~Personal choice~ I would recommend getting an AMP for anything over 32ohm.

And one question for the boys up there, considering the "Sound Signature" compare these to the ATH-m50x.

Yep my plan was to try M50x and one of ATs buds to see what I like. But then I saw these and…wow. I’ll pick up a dac/amp between now and August.

Thanks bro +rep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 04-28-2016, 04:26 PM
PC Gamer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubldwn View Post

Yep my plan was to try M50x and one of ATs buds to see what I like. But then I saw these and…wow. I’ll pick up an dac/amp between now and August.

Thanks bro +rep
The M50x will be the better deal if you plan on using it without a Amp/Dac on phones, tablets, iPods, laptops, onboard sound and most integrated sound cards. The M50x has an impedance: 32 ohm which those devices max out at without a Amp/Dac. The HiFiMAN has an Impedance: 50 ohm which doesn't need a Amp/Dac using a medium to high end AV Receiver, but you will probably want one with most anything else.
dubldwn likes this.

Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBz to Denon AVR-4311ci, Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit
post #13 of 14 Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2play View Post

The M50x will be the better deal if you plan on using it without a Amp/Dac on phones, tablets, iPods, laptops, onboard sound and most integrated sound cards. The M50x has an impedance: 32 ohm which those devices max out at without a Amp/Dac. The HiFiMAN has an Impedance: 50 ohm which doesn't need a Amp/Dac using a medium to high end AV Receiver, but you will probably want one with most anything else.

Well when I read more and get a good feel for what I want I’ll switch up to pricier head/earphones which will likely require an amp anyway. I guess the smart money is finding a place where I can try different pairs but…all’s I know is these are gonna look great on my desk!

I did just read through 1000+ posts on the head-fi forums and was shocked at how many preferred IEMs…or at least conceded they had some significant advantages so I’m giving RE-00 a try, too.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 04-29-2016, 12:30 AM
PC Gamer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 237
I am subscribed to both drops and i am excited.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page