CPU Overheating, or is it? - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Drifting thanks bro, But check out the core max temps @ 102F just at the start up. If it is a glitch how can I fix it? Because that would make all the Monitoring apps useless. I would like to know that my comp is running right you know?

BTW Drifting I had a 95 S14 with a 2001 Spec R S15 in it. I miss that car, one of the best and most fun cars to own.

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
Corsair Carbide Series [400R/500R] Owners Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Apple Enthusiast

Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

Its a glitch. Ignore it and go by the core temps.

This.

@OP

Your temps are fine.

Go by core temps, not cputin. Sensor on cputin, off it is.

Getting better idle temps than me on my antec wink.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyn View Post

I had a problem with my H60 like that. Remove thermal paste that is included, get some QUALITY stuff like arctic silver 5, and enjoy temps in the 30s.
Before AS5 I was getting high 70s, even 80s on prime95. Now, it doesnt budge past 44c after 10 hours. It seems really stupid that for the money you paid for the cooler they provide you with THE ABSOLUTE WORST thermal paste, but its true. Corsair should be shot in the face with a rocksalt loaded sawed-off.
AS5 is like 8 bucks on newegg and since you're in queens can probably get there by friday. Good luck smile.gif

The TIM they use on the H-series is roughly the same quality(if not better) as AS5, the temp decrease you saw was due to the re-seat, not the TIM change.

Food for thought thumb.gif

edit: The OP's temps are fine tongue.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNY911 View Post

Drifting thanks bro, But check out the core max temps @ 102F just at the start up. If it is a glitch how can I fix it? Because that would make all the Monitoring apps useless. I would like to know that my comp is running right you know?
BTW Drifting I had a 95 S14 with a 2001 Spec R S15 in it. I miss that car, one of the best and most fun cars to own.

Don't keep switching between F and C. 40c(104f) is normal thumb.gif . Stick with C, everyone in the enthusiast community knows it better.

I miss my CRX frown.gif.
FDNY911 likes this.

Currently on Hiatus
1nf3ction is a BOSS!
BF3 id: Nocturin3
Disclaimer: IMHO; If you take it otherwise, your doing it wrong.
#OccupyAMD

Warnig: lulz (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher go_quote.gif

That's a good questions, my 3 female room mates use the bathroom upstairs, I just use the shower downstairs, we might have to use the trunk of my car instead, I know that's sterile and has rubber mats and walls in it haha.
Also, more updates biggrin.gif We need to keep this thread somewhat on topic haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsdude go_quote.gif

Yo dawg I heard you like computers in computers so we put a computer in your computer so you can use your computer while...thumb.gif
go_quote.gif

post #13 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Liked: 1
Awesome thanks Noc! I had an EG6 hatch with a JDM B20! I miss that car as well! ugh this really is a sad thread!

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>
Corsair Carbide Series [400R/500R] Owners Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Apple Enthusiast

thumb.gif

Worst sale I've ever made, selling that CRX. I hadn't had mine ('89 DX) long enough to put any work into it, and I was a young lad when I bought it so I didn't even realize that it had the wrong engine(from the dealer that I paid waaaay to much for it).

I will have my little speed demon of a car eventually though, frost white sleeper w/ HX wheels (matte black) or the red stripped black wheels I cant think of the name, with a tight B16 and a smallish turbo. Suspsension all perfect, bigger brakes, better tires.

Hold on, I need to go change my pants thumb.gif

Man do I miss that car. I had such dreams for it. redface.gif

Currently on Hiatus
1nf3ction is a BOSS!
#OccupyAMD

Quote:

That's a good questions, my 3 female room mates use the bathroom upstairs, I just use the shower downstairs, we might have to use the trunk of my car instead, I know that's sterile and has rubber mats and walls in it haha.
Also, more updates biggrin.gif We need to keep this thread somewhat on topic haha.
Quote:

Yo dawg I heard you like computers in computers so we put a computer in your computer so you can use your computer while...thumb.gif
go_quote.gif

post #15 of 16 Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin View Post

thumb.gif
Worst sale I've ever made, selling that CRX. I hadn't had mine ('89 DX) long enough to put any work into it, and I was a young lad when I bought it so I didn't even realize that it had the wrong engine(from the dealer that I paid waaaay to much for it).
I will have my little speed demon of a car eventually though, frost white sleeper w/ HX wheels (matte black) or the red stripped black wheels I cant think of the name, with a tight B16 and a smallish turbo. Suspsension all perfect, bigger brakes, better tires.
Hold on, I need to go change my pants thumb.gif
Man do I miss that car. I had such dreams for it. redface.gif

Back to subject
I would say reseat your heatsink, update your bios / chipset if the problem still exists just ignore it, most probably a bug. either that or your H100 is doing something wrong. but if your login temps are ~27s like you have shown in the picture i wouldnt worry much about it. good luck

[NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club]
Currently Playing . . . . .
Escape from Tarkov - PUBG - BeamNG.Drive

Stopped Playing . . . . .
GTA V - Company of Heroes 2 - Shift 2 Unleashed - Payday2 - Assetto Corsa - Battlefield series - Arma 2 DayZ Mod - DiRT Rally
post #16 of 16 Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Apple Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post

Back to subject
I would say reseat your heatsink, update your bios / chipset if the problem still exists just ignore it, most probably a bug. either that or your H100 is doing something wrong. but if your login temps are ~27s like you have shown in the picture i wouldnt worry much about it. good luck

bios could be, but it might not fix it. frown.gif

Currently on Hiatus
1nf3ction is a BOSS!
#OccupyAMD

Quote:

Quote:

go_quote.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page