Overclocker in Training
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Quebec, Canada | Born in Marseille, France
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just finished my build (a build log is on its way), everything went extremely smooth (it's my first build) but a small problem annoys me.
A quick list of my parts : Msi Mpower, i7 3770K, 8GB RAM 1600, GTX 770, 750W, Samsung 840, etc.
I am using Windows 7 and disabled the splash screen (also that does not make a single difference).
And I have a small yet annoying problem, also this problem was present in my older rig at times if I remember correctly.
During boot my screen goes to sleep after seeing the bios and only turns back on once I hear windows's startup sound,
So from bios / spalsh screen to login my monitor goes to sleep. Any idea what the problem might be ?
My monitor is a 3 to 4 year old 2209WA from Dell, working truly fine (except for a black shadow on the far right of it but not that's not a problem).
1) I have no other monitors to test my setup on, I am planning on buying 2 in August, a 2713HM and a VG248QE.
2) I have enabled the Fast Boost option in my motherboards settings (a MSI Mpower Z77).
3) I have disabled the Windows splash screen also that does not make a difference.
4) My power settings are set to High Performance and the screen to never be turned off.
5) Aside from this problem the screen and system works just fine.
6) My entry source is manually set to DVI-D.
If anybody could help, that'd be extremely nice.
Also feel free to answer if you have the same problem.
Edit #1 : Just tried with the splash screen on, it does not change the problem, the screen goes to sleep right after the splash screen and turns back on only once windows startup sound is made and I'm at login screen.
Self-learning implies a fresh, eager mind - a mind that is not committed,
a mind that does not belong to anything, that is not limited to any particular field.
It is only such a mind that learns