HD 7950 OC vs GTX 670 OC vs GTX 660 Ti OC - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Overclocker
 
mltms's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1345736700tJwmf64Bk6_2_4.gif

this pic explain who is the 3gb 660ti is uselees
mltms is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
nVidia Enthusiast
 
dalastbmills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The 660ti was marketed against the 7800 series. I'm not sure why you are crying because it can't keep up with a 7950.

The benchmarks are rather impressive, but you have to take into account that all cards are non-reference, designed for extreme overclocking.
dalastbmills is offline  
post #13 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
 
tx-jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: McAllen, TX
Posts: 3,135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastbmills View Post

The 660ti was marketed against the 7800 series. I'm not sure why you are crying because it can't keep up with a 7950.
The benchmarks are rather impressive, but you have to take into account that all cards are non-reference, designed for extreme overclocking.

because its priced to compeete with the 7950 that's why. honestly I want to go AMD this time for the 7950 but I'm not Convinced.....thy have a ton of negative reviews on new egg and I hear about shaddy warrenty .....who is the EVGA of the AMD world??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1993 go_quote.gif
I'm retarded. you don't get rich by being retarded, trust me I know
tx-jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
WaterCooler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: WIndy City
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-jose View Post

because its priced to compeete with the 7950 that's why. honestly I want to go AMD this time for the 7950 but I'm not Convinced.....thy have a ton of negative reviews on new egg and I hear about shaddy warrenty .....who is the EVGA of the AMD world??!!!

MSI Twin Frozr III 7950 can be had right now on Amazon or Newegg for $309.99 after $20 rebate, which is a great deal for a great card with huge overclocking potential.
xxmastermindxx is offline  
post #15 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
8mm
Commodore 64
 
8mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I'm not surprised. It's amazing how many people on here think the 670, or worse, the 660ti is a better buy than a 7950. This is overclock.net, and once overclocked, the 7950 comes out ahead. So many people get confused by benches with old drivers, at stock performance.

7970 > 680 > 7950 > 670

So the 7000 series is cheaper, faster and still have compute, unlike the 600 series.
8mm is offline  
post #16 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
 
Desert Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arizona Desert
Posts: 3,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The 7000 series is really good value for gaming and some computing. I say some because they can not fold and AMD has always been horrible at folding which is what I do. If you are not a folder is a excellent buy. thumb.gif

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  75 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Desert Rat is offline  
post #17 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
 
raghu78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

I can assure you I can get 10-13% increase from memory OC alone from 6.2 to 7.1 GHz . The experience when I was playing Skyrim to be specific. I own the GTX 670 and I based it on facts not in theories like how you do thumb.gif . Also it is unfair to wait for AMD drivers to mature and to improve performance and don't wait for Nvidia's outdated 3 months old drivers. 301.42 is only two weeks after GTX 670s release.

Nobody needs to believe what you say unless you have factual proof. As for what version of drivers hardocp were using . read the end of the first page in the review.

"We used ForceWare 305.37 and AMD Catalyst 12.8 WHQL."

How did you come to tell that the drivers were 301.42. were you just guessing. this is what happens when people get over protective about their purchase.

raghu78 is offline  
post #18 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Crizume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastbmills View Post

The 660ti was marketed against the 7800 series. I'm not sure why you are crying because it can't keep up with a 7950.
The benchmarks are rather impressive, but you have to take into account that all cards are non-reference, designed for extreme overclocking.

1. Because it's priced like a 7950
2. The mindless Nvidia zombies that even after given facts still state the 660TI is on par if not better. (prove = http://www.overclock.net/t/1294943/various-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660ti-reviews)

...
Crizume is offline  
post #19 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM
 
HeadlessKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu78 View Post

Nobody needs to believe what you say unless you have factual proof. As for what version of drivers hardocp were using . read the end of the first page in the review.
"We used ForceWare 305.37 and AMD Catalyst 12.8 WHQL."
How did you come to tell that the drivers were 301.42. were you just guessing. this is what happens when people get over protective about their purchase.

Nobody? speak about yourself .

Skyrim at 8x AA + Quality Ambient Occlusion.





6.0 GHz vs 7.2 GHz gave me 11% increase in the same spot.





I lost almost 8.5% in Heaven Benchmark by going down from 3602 to 3005 (stock) at the same core clock 1304 MHz.
The bandwidth bottleneck increase as the core clock increase, the Asus card in HardOCP is very bandwidth limited at 6.34 GHz.
If they got a decent card I am sure it will beat that HD7950. Unfortunately their samples of GTX 660 Ti/7950 OC very well but that GTX 670 was very weak and didn't represent his fellas very well.
This benchmark is like comparing a bad clocker 7970 @ 1100 MHz to a HD7950 @ 1200 MHz.
I am sure if that happens some idiot will sum it up that the 7950 beats every 7970 at max overclock.
It must be a good clocker vs another good clocker to get an apple-to-apple comparison.

next time make sure to do your research before posting your theoretical nonsense as you don't own the card.
As I said before 305.37 is a developer driver which is the same as 304.79 just with a new version of OpenCL. 304.79 didn't bring extra performance to the table. it was aimed to increase stability and to improve 3DVision support.


Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

HeadlessKnight is offline  
post #20 of 102 Old 08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
 
psychodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So its not fair because nvidia cant make a driver that increases performance?thumb.gif
psychodil is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off