post #21 of 23 Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

That h100 will be really good for cooling
i know right =) but since the motherboard i am getting has build in water cooling block so may as well cool the cpu with it =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 145
Yes, but a true water cooling setup is expensive, and also requires a bit of maintenance. The closed loop coolers such as the ones that Antec and Corsair provide are great viable alternatives for a cost friendly and still overclockability performance. It still uses the same nature of a full water cool but on a smaller scale, and with your current ambient temp of around 25c I wouldn't worry too much
post #23 of 23 Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

If you don't have a GTX 670 already. I don't advice you to buy a new to SLI at this point IMO.
If you don't mind AMD cards of course the 7950s are much better options and cheaper, not to mention the 3 GB memory.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1323188/ocuk-7950-crossfire-vs-680-sli-at-5760-1080-eyefinity-surround
Now I know this compares at surround/ eyfinity but still. The 7950s even put the 680s to shame with a very modest overclock (1150/1700) at 5760x1080 and compared to the 670s the gap will be higher.
I know you will play at 1920x1080 but what is the point of spending that much money on supposed to be high-end cards that can't handle games with high AA and maxed out settings effectively?

I'm quite baffled. How exactly is GTX 670 not capable of handling games with high AA and maxed out settings effectively? It is a very effective gaming solution for FullHD, one of the very best in regards to perf/watt which for a rather high end GPU is a superb achievement.

As interesting as that 7950CF vs. 680SLI comparison at 5760x1080 is, it's not at all relevant to FullHD gaming. I would still take 670 FTW SLI over 7950 CF for FullHD. Overvolting two Tahitis will get you into heat issues real fast and then there is the smoothness factor of multi GPU setups that goes beyond frame rates. I should know, running two 7970s for a FullHD setup and having to use a frame rate limiter to get a smooth gaming experience. Many have been the times when I simply disabled CF to get a better gaming experience. As it happens, I'm also running at stock because even blower style coolers can't keep the upper card within reasonable temps when cranking the volts up.

Though I'm not denying the appeal of raw FPS power. There is a lot of it in these Tahitis. biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page