Gtx670 Issue? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello there,

Ever since I've installed my 670 graphics card, I've had a gaming problem that I cannot fix (not addiction ha-ha). To my knowledge, the problem I have ONLY occurs with one game (league of legends). I've tried reinstalling my drivers/catalyst and league of legends multiple times to no avail.

The issue is while I'm in game, I will randomly get freezes, sometimes no freezes in a game, sometimes 5 of more freezes. These freezes range from 1-5 seconds (and more recently, full game freezes, where it only unfreezes after alt_control_delete or end process). The shorter freezes occur when a skill is used in game, but not all the time for the same skill. Weird I know. After the freeze, the game will continue on as if nothing happened-until the next freeze occurs. The problem has gotten increasingly annoying over the last couple of months, and after trying many different tests I have come up with nadda.

The freezes seem to occur more frequently if I have iTunes or Google Chrome open (they occur even with no other programs running other than league of legends) and I'm more frustrated than anything else. The card performs in crysis 3 like a dream, no problems at all but I cannot enjoy my favourite game for long periods of time without rage inducing freezes.

I've started to notice that when the freeze occurs, I can actually HEAR the fan in my computer SLOW DOWN. I have no clue why this is, but I'm sure its related. If anyone could help me fix my problem I would be extremely grateful.

Specs: DIRECTX1.png 56k .png file
directx2.png 50k .png file
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM

Liked: 844
It is an older game, so newer drivers might not work. anyway, read these threads . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers

Catalyst? You had an ATI card before?

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

as far as the specific driver to work with LoL - i have no idea.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 439
Well I'm running a reference GTX 670 and have had none of thees issues with LoL or any other game. I'm running GeForce 311.06 drivers (a bit old I know). Did you uninstall all AMD drivers before installing the new nvidia drivers?

What's the rest of your system like?

The XFX 4890 post 2 year reference cooler fan bearing service
NZXT Tempest Community
[Worklog] NZXT Tempest eats a 360 rad (hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjas go_quote.gif

you under-estimate the power of e-peen, you'll whither and waiver to it's power, and finally succumb.
Bow to e-peen and buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-15-2013, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I did as the two links say with a slight problem;

When I went to delete the 'nvidia corporation' folder from my program files x86, wouldn't allow me to, saying it was being used by another process.

Alt control delete to processes, no nvidia programs were running. Task tray - nothing.

So after rebooting my computer after completing all the steps except deletion of the 'nvidia corporation' folder, my drivers had automatically reinstalled themselves, putting my screen resolution back to what it normally is.

I tried to uninstall the drivers again through control panel but since I deleted everything except the files that were 'in use' (therefore not allowing me to delete them) the nvidia programs couldn't be uninstalled ?

Anyways, I got rid of all my AMD and ATI stuff, gonna reinstall the nvidia drivers and give it a go.

EDIT: Game still freezes. Any other suggestions?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

bump for justice

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page