Forum Jump: 

post #51 of 61 Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Oh my goodness, this thread. kookoo.gif

Guys obviously 2advanced is pulling your legs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 61 Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 PM

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

Oh my goodness, this thread. kookoo.gif

Guys obviously 2advanced is pulling your legs.

Shhhhh.... biggrin.gif
post #53 of 61 Old 06-02-2013, 11:37 PM
333mhz

Liked: 12
2 advanced, you seam to be a good guy, really but, you are not being correct here.
You're showing a quote that can be read in various forms (very much like the Law, subject to different interpretations lol). What you should do before stating that quote as being an absolute true to is take a look into the numerous, yes, numerous articles about frame pacing (TechReport), frame rating (PCPer) and then, then, take a good look into the reviewers that have already implemented the new, more accurate way to test the video cards performance (and game experience). [H] is not doing it yet. Maybe they lack the technology to do it, I do not know. If they were, trust me, they would not had made that statement, whichever interpretation read.

EDIT
I will cut you some work:

This is how a multi-GPU looks like:

This is how Single-GPu looks like:

See the differences? The frame rates are much more steadier with a single-GPU, making the gaming experience smoother, hence better.
2advanced likes this.

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:02 AM
News Fiend

Liked: 166
Don't get cross, don't get cross, where was I? biggrin.gif

If you don't mind crossfire keep the 7950's, I myself will always stick to a single card setup, less noise and heat and watts!

See what you have done by asking us? biggrin.gif

There are 2 kinds of people I really admire in this world. Ones that say they are going to do something and do it! And ones that do something, and then say they have done it!
post #55 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 5
save your cash for next gen cards, sell the 780 (its a much weaker titan, with less vram, and less cores if i am not correct) get the next gen amd gfx card, when you upgrade for yourself give your brother 2 or 1 7950

post #56 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:10 AM
333mhz

I feel it's the other way around.

He should sell the Crossfire setup and keep the 780. Then with the CF money, he could by his brother a new 7970GHz or GTX 770. I bet he can make €400 out of the two cards if they are in good shape and warranty...

EDIT
Damn, by 400€ I would buy them myself! biggrin.gif

post #57 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rook View Post

2 advanced, you seam to be a good guy, really but, you are not being correct here.
You're showing a quote that can be read in various forms (very much like the Law, subject to different interpretations lol). What you should do before stating that quote as being an absolute true to is take a look into the numerous, yes, numerous articles about frame pacing (TechReport), frame rating (PCPer) and then, then, take a good look into the reviewers that have already implemented the new, more accurate way to test the video cards performance (and game experience). [H] is not doing it yet. Maybe they lack the technology to do it, I do not know. If they were, trust me, they would not had made that statement, whichever interpretation read.

BRAVO! cheers.gif This is the argument that I always adhere to. There are always two sides to every coin. I guess my problem is with Alatar and his smug attitude (notice, he thinks he's never wrong, and when he is, he never admits it and will even stoop to Ninja Edits to hide it). Thats why I was trolling him as hard as I was. He presents his statements as absolute truth, and no one will prove him otherwise. /RANT

Having said that, your own argument is subject to interpretation. Are you sure H isn't just choosing not to implement these new tests? Regardless about how H may feel about it, graphs only tell part of the story. We can only assume that they made a visual assessment, and thats good enough for me. Plus, Alatar trusts them, and hes never wrong thumb.gif

+REP for your statement. You should check out the quote in my sig.
post #58 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:35 AM
333mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2advanced View Post

Having said that, your own argument is subject to interpretation. Are you sure H isn't just choosing not to implement these new tests?
it did cross my mind seriously. But, then, I realized pretty much every other reviewer has implemented that sooner or later. They can't be all wrong, can they? Plus, in a more personal note, I do believe this new way to benchmark has done more for the gaming community than everything else since I can remember... and I'm OLD
Quote:

+REP for your statement. You should check out the quote in my sig.
Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

post #59 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rook View Post

it did cross my mind seriously. But, then, I realized pretty much every other reviewer has implemented that sooner or later. They can't be all wrong, can they? ............

Maybe you're right. To me, what matters most is the "seat of the pants" feel. I would much rather have something that performs well in the real world than something that performs well on paper, and not as expected in real life. Wouldn't you? Thats why I buy AMD. On paper, it is miles behind, yet in real life, most of us wont be able to tell the difference. Thats why I love Youtube reviews. They dont bother with low resolutions, or older games that frankly only muddy the results into something that can be interpreted (like you said) into something totally subjective.
post #60 of 61 Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM
333mhz

Quote:

To me, what matters most is the "seat of the pants" feel. I would much rather have something that performs well in the real world than something that performs well on paper, and not as expected in real life. Wouldn't you? Thats why I buy AMD. On paper, it is miles behind, yet in real life, most of us wont be able to tell the difference.
I get you. I feel the same.

If I were on the market for a single-GPU card and if AMD had to offer a GPU that could compete with nVIDIA, I would pick AMD for sure. I do like (ATI) AMD cards. But, if a single GPU card doesn't quite deliver the kind of performance I wanted, and if a dual-GPU was the only option I had, I wouldn't get an AMD setup. Not at this time, at least.

Like this thread. The OP asked about 780 or 7950cf. If a dual-GPU is the only setup that delivers the performance desired, 2 HD7950 is an option. Not the best option, but an option, nevertheless. And the shear power of the cards could very well mask the latency issues (that remains to be proven).

However, the OP is forgetting other options out there, like 2 670s. Sli isn't perfect but, is smoother than CF...

The real question here is if the OP really needs the 2 HD7950 CF performance or if the GTX780 meets the requirements. If that's the case, the GTX 780 is the best option of them all, imo. Great performance, the same 3GB RAM, no latency issues, less heat, less power consumption, better driver support for games at launch, you name it. (WOW I just sold myself a GTX 780 rolleyes.gif)

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page