Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2007, 04:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 535
When I am searching for a GPU, I tend to purchase for warranty coverage because all cards will perform similarly, even when overclocked (unless you get lucky and get a beast of an overclocker). To that end, XFX and EVGA are very good brands. Furthermore, XFX often has pre-overclocked versions of cards that fall under the same dual lifetime warranty. I would go with either XFX or EVGA for the warranty reasons.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Hiding my wife and kidz

Liked: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
When I am searching for a GPU, I tend to purchase for warranty coverage because all cards will perform similarly, even when overclocked (unless you get lucky and get a beast of an overclocker). To that end, XFX and EVGA are very good brands. Furthermore, XFX often has pre-overclocked versions of cards that fall under the same dual lifetime warranty. I would go with either XFX or EVGA for the warranty reasons.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanrc go_quote.gif
Portal will last 6-10 on the first play through. I don't know about the others. Your machine can handle it fine, I've played them all on a 2600 and they still look great.
Fold for Overclock.net!How to: Remove Crysis intro screensOverclock.net @ Last.FM threadMy summer air cooling

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2007, 04:41 AM
Fortran lives!

Liked: 281
Yeah, I've always like the eVGA warranty program. Plus, I like the fact that their packaging isn't overly flashy.

I'm a graduate student, and I develop HPC codes in Fortran and Matlab to make the world better.
My user name too long or weird for you? Feel free to call me LBN. FYI, it's French for "the black box."
Official OCN Camera Thread | Flickr | Camera Stuff: Nikon D7000,Tokina 12-24 f/4 AT-X Pro, Sigma 30 f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 VR
Film Gear: Pentacon Praktica LLC, Meyer-Optik Gorlitz 50 f/1.8 | Nikon N2020, Nikkor 50 f/1.4 AI-S
There's really nothing remarkable about it. All you do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself. - J.S. Bach

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page