Considering several cards - are there driver problems 4850 x2? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I'm looking at a few cards for an i7 build i'm doing for a friend. I saw the much acclaimed 4850x2 up on the egg and it's in our price range so I have that on the list as a possibility, but I'm concerned about the driver issues that many reviewers are complaining about in the reviews. We're looking for a good card that will run high-vh settings @ 1920x1200 for $180-$250... we would prefer a gtx 285 but they're (still!) overpriced, though we will miss physX. There's the possibility of SLI/CF down the line and we'll be pushing an 850w corsair power supply.

Other cards under consideration:
xfx 4890
gtx 260 55nm
xfx 5770

edit: and how is it that gtx 260 compares better than 4890 on gpureview? am i misreading? http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=608&card2=604

TELEGRAM TO HIPHOP: Dear Hip Hop. stop. This has gone too far. stop. Please see that mixer and turntables are returned to Kool Herc. stop. The ghettos are dancing off beat. stop. Perhaps we should not have encouraged cordless microphones, for they have walked too far from the source and are emitting a lesser frequency. stop. Please inform interested parties that cash nor murder have been added to the list of elements. stop. We are discontinuing our line of braggadocio, in light of the current trend in realness. stop.Give my regards to Brooklyn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Can't fly straight and level

Liked: 978
Yeah that was at release, I'm sure it's just like my crossfired 4850s and I have ZERO driver issues since the 9.3's

post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 81
that's kinda what I figured. any other comments about the other cards?

TELEGRAM TO HIPHOP: Dear Hip Hop. stop. This has gone too far. stop. Please see that mixer and turntables are returned to Kool Herc. stop. The ghettos are dancing off beat. stop. Perhaps we should not have encouraged cordless microphones, for they have walked too far from the source and are emitting a lesser frequency. stop. Please inform interested parties that cash nor murder have been added to the list of elements. stop. We are discontinuing our line of braggadocio, in light of the current trend in realness. stop.Give my regards to Brooklyn.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page