post #11 of 12 Old 03-08-2008, 02:37 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by justarealguy View Post
So if you can get one of these converters, why don't people reccomend them in the "Rate my cables" threads? People say "ditch the IDE asap bro!!!" when they can just plug a badboy like this and acheive the same results!! (unless their board has no SATA, of course)
The results were not the same as SATA (for that's impossible). See rx7speed's quotes below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7speed View Post
I'm actuall kind of surprised. so far all the speeds seem to be dead [he's saying that they seem to be dead on the IDE speeds] on even except for the burst speed and I just now noticed the latency is even a little better with the converter. It's faster going through the converter then it is direct IDE.

so guess that might be one thing you might want to watch out for though. don't turn down the cheap IDE drives as you can get some extra life out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7speed View Post
I knew they where there just never thought I would need one. I thought they only had the t7k500 in sata. what I am surprised though is it looks like no loss in performance and if anything it was a slight gain in performance.
I'm not trying to be irritating or anything. My intentions are to help just in case you go get an adapter expecting 1.5Gb/sec. I don't want you to be disappointed. Yeah, I care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 03-08-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 170
your right on. it's not worth hunting for an IDE drive or using the converter trying to gain performance as they are just about even. only a very slight gain that chances are wouldn't even be noticable. plus I don't know for sure how this compares to the native sata drive. can test around the 11th though when my motherboard comes back.

it's just handy for those who have IDE drives of decent quality but not enough IDE ports or those looking to do raid but can't do it with an IDE drive. or as a vice versa thing those who have sata drives but the computer only supports IDE

woot woot though. between this and my other hard drive on the way I'm going to have a 4x250 raid 0 setup :-)

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page