Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-14-2006, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
Ket
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I'll keep it short, no need for a life history I need the firmware BANC1E00 for my maxtor DM10, ever since my dfi come back off rma its been funky (more than likely because dfi crudly repaired my sli-d) but i cant find the firmware, so if anyone else can, 12 reps await.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-14-2006, 06:38 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 66
From what I was just reading you aren't the only one having this same problem. It seems to come from both DFI and Maxtor and Nvidia. No one seems to be stepping up to fix the problem. I will keep on reading and see what I can come up with. Good luck

post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2006, 07:02 AM
The Educator

Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFI Street
Greetings all... I have returned!! I had to make a grand entrance on the 100 post

I have finally put my entire DFI nF4 + Maxtor situation into perspective... Originally, I had a DiamondMax 6B300S0 with BANC1B70. That combination wasn't good at all. Sometimes my PC would hang while detecting the drive at bootup, sometimes I would get the "Windows is checking for inconsistency" message, sometimes the PC would lock-up in the middle of booting (near the Windows XP logo), and sometimes I would just experience random crashes/lock-ups. So I dealt with Maxtor tech support and went through 2 firmware upgrades. The second upgrade (to BANC1E00) seemed to fix the problem for the most part, but I still had occassional issues. As it turned out, my new Maxtor hard drive had bad sectors. I guess that's what made it so hard to troubleshoot. Anyways, I convinced Maxtor there was an issue with stock 6B300S0 drives running stock firmware (at least at that time), so they swapped it out for a brand new MaXLine 7B300S0. The stock firmware on it was BANC1E00 (and to this day, it is still the newest firmware). I haven't had any problems with the new drive. I can't say with 100% certainty if it was incompatible hardware or just incompatible firmware with the first drive. Maxtor says the DiamondMax and MaXLine are hardware identical and the only difference is the 3 year warranty vs. the 5 year warranty. So what I would suggest to anyone having problems, would be to first upgrade to firmware BANC1E00... if that doesn't work... see if Maxtor will swap it out with a MaxLine drive (they did it for me). BTW, I always stay up to date with the latest Motherboard firmware also (just in case something strange was going on there, too).

I apologize for not returning some of your Private Messages... I have been busy lately (troubleshooting other stuff). I have an e-mail address for Maxtor tech support. You can e-mail this guy and he will send you the newest firmware (still currently BANC1E00)... Here is the address... XXeurotech_assistanceXX@XXmaxtor.comXX (you must remove all 8 X's, I did that to help prevent bots)

Hopefully this post has helped someone... If you are still having problems after the latest firmware and possibly the MaxLine series, your problem may lie elsewere...

-Thanks
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/show...6&page=6&pp=20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-15-2006, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
Ket
4.0ghz

Yeah i saw that, was just hoping i wouldnt have to email maxtor for something they should really have on their site. when i get it though ill post it here so theres at least ONE source without the inconvenience of having to wait 2+ days for maxtor to get around to emailing me it
post #5 of 5 Old 01-22-2006, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
Ket
4.0ghz

ok well after having to seriously pawnthe idiotic tech i should be getting the firmware shortly they want my drive serial number =\\ i assume they mean the one that comes up when typing dir at dos prompt.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page