[Gizmodo] We Gave People an iPad 2, Told Them It Was the New iPad, and They Loved It - Page 13 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
2.4ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yes, we looked at books, the stock photos that came with it, OC.net and Anandtech. The only difference we noticed was that the colors were a bit too cool (blueish) on the new iPads. The saturation was a tad different, but it's hard to compare the color reproduction when the white balance was off on all the new iPads.

I liked the way things looked on the iPad 2 better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Programmer

Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desidero View Post

Yes, we looked at books, the stock photos that came with it, OC.net and Anandtech. The only difference we noticed was that the colors were a bit too cool (blueish) on the new iPads. The saturation was a tad different, but it's hard to compare the color reproduction when the white balance was off on all the new iPads.
I liked the way things looked on the iPad 2 better.
Eh, are you sure it was the iPad 3? It's supposed to have warmer colours, not cooler colours.

post #123 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 PM
2.4ghz

Yep, we confirmed it with the employees and watched them confirm it with multiple other customers who couldn't tell which was which. I guess there's always a chance none of the employees knew since they generally don't know much about their products anyway, but I'd hope they could at least point out the flashy new device correctly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
ESP
4.0ghz

Liked: 47
It could be that the old iPad was really stellar, but I couldn't tell the difference at arms length at all today when I was at the mall. When you hold it close to your face it's a huge difference though. I do have to say though, as little as the extra weight is, it is noticeable. I could tell which iPad I was holding based on the weight before the screen.

I'd also have to agree about the cooler more blue color, but I actually find that more attractive because I always prefer that to a warmer tone. I find it more natural, outdoor looking.
post #125 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 105
The third girl notices the pixel density on it compared to her iphone 4's... HA on your face low-pixel tablets biggrin.gif
post #126 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0314 View Post

The general population is uninformed about tech and follows whats hot at the moment. Clearly shows that.

I don't blame them, I don't know much about cars and stuff, so I wouldn't really the differences between cars. Though that's mostly since I don't have one yet and I'd probably learn about them a great deal when I do. Just like with PCs, phones, tablets, monitors, tv and stuff. I didn't know anything about them until I decided to get my own and I did thorough research and learning just to enhance my knowledge, but I'd say I'm more on the rare side of going in depth with learning.

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2) TNz Blend'd

post #127 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Programmer

Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desidero View Post

Yep, we confirmed it with the employees and watched them confirm it with multiple other customers who couldn't tell which was which. I guess there's always a chance none of the employees knew since they generally don't know much about their products anyway, but I'd hope they could at least point out the flashy new device correctly.
Haha, I see. If you turn the camera on and it doesn't look like rubbish, then you know it's the iPad 3 thumb.gif

I'll have to see it myself when I get one. I noticed the difference between my 3GS and 4S like day and night.

post #128 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 180
Anyone in this thread who is dismissing the screen has obviously never seen or used one. I picked a new iPad up on Saturday (this is my first iPad) - I decided to wait since the iPad 2's screen doesn't cut it for me after using my iPhone 4 for so long. The screen is unbelievably crisp and vibrant.

My only complaint about the new iPad is how warm it gets on the left-hand side after using it for a while. When its in a case (which it should be) you don't notice it. The extra weight, to me, isn't a problem, however it is noticeably heavier than the iPad 2.

I love it, and for it's price it really is a steal. I'm no Apple fanboy, but there's no denying that Apple have a good product here. Should you upgrade from an iPad 3? Probably not, but if it's your first tablet, you certainly won't be disappointed.

post #129 of 135 Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
2.4ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post

Haha, I see. If you turn the camera on and it doesn't look like rubbish, then you know it's the iPad 3 thumb.gif
I'll have to see it myself when I get one. I noticed the difference between my 3GS and 4S like day and night.

You were posting all those comments about how great it is without even seeing one? That's a bit misleading...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jNSK View Post

Anyone in this thread who is dismissing the screen has obviously never seen or used one

You should probably read the thread more closely then. I played with it for about 20 minutes and didn't think it was noticeably better than the iPad 2. They are both good products, but I'd argue that the main selling point isn't all it's hyped up to be. I generally dislike Apple, but I was genuinely interested in the new iPad due to all the hype about the screen. I really wish it did blow me away - I would've bought one.

post #130 of 135 Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 45
ipads are quality devices..
all apple products are.

they are targeted for simplicity and elegance.

this forum is not the target market (mix that in with kids with no money)

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page