[AnandTech] Intel Z77 Panther Point Chipset and Motherboard Preview - ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ECS and Biostar - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 42 Old 04-08-2012, 02:32 PM
AKA Murclocke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenjune View Post

I like that board a lot. I only wish they opted for the advanced PLX chip for the price. I don't know how much that would have jumped the price though.
Quote:
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe: Asus has set the MSRP of the P8Z77-V Deluxe at $279, making it the most expensive board in our round-up. The P8Z77-V Deluxe's price premium is easily justified, however. The board includes more USB ports than the others, it includes WiFi and Bluetooth, an Intel LAN controller, it's Thunderbolt-ready, its UEFI is well laid out and offers extensive tweakability features. The board also includes a PLX PCIe switch, which offers all of its slots full PCIe connectivity. The Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe also proved to be perfectly stable throughout testing. In short, the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe may be pricier than the rest, but if you've got the funds and want / need one or more of the board's features, we'd recommend it.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Z77-Motherboard-RoundUp-MSI-ASUS-Gigabyte-Intel/?page=13

Am I misunderstanding what a advanced PLX is? I plan on only running a single 680... so i'm not sure if it matters for me. tongue.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 Old 04-08-2012, 02:49 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Z77-Motherboard-RoundUp-MSI-ASUS-Gigabyte-Intel/?page=13
Am I misunderstanding what a advanced PLX is? I plan on only running a single 680... so i'm not sure if it matters for me. tongue.gif

I know there's two types. There's one that splits the lanes and one that directly adds more lanes (I'm pretty sure of at least). Either way, with PCIe 3.0, you'll likely not see a difference since it'll be running at full 2.0 bandwidth or above either way.

And yeah, with PCIe 3.0, running dual or tri won't really matter since the bandwidth will be there either way. Completely negligible if you're running one card.

Hidden Text Below! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine go_quote.gif
Just wanted to say that I have purchased screws (black and Stainless Steel) from these guys and they're top-notch products. If you need screws, and you're lady ain't putting out, hit up FTWPC biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeKlok go_quote.gif
To be frank...by comparison, Vista is like a 500 pound crack whore
Win7 is like a swimsuit model. You can acomplish the same tasks with either; only the experience will be different.
post #23 of 42 Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 52
Send a message via Skype™ to WhitePrQjser
Either one of these will be my choice:

01. ASUS P8P77-PRO
02. ASRock Z77 Extreme6
03. Biostar TZ77XE4

Might have to see what the pricing will be...

E8500 OC 4,20 Ghz. biggrin.gif i5-2500k OC 4.390 Ghz. biggrin.gif

I live in Denmark: 1. Hardware is more expensive. 2. Can't buy outside Europe due to toll fee. 3. Can't use links to Newegg or that kind. 4. US pricings are NOT the same as DK pricings.

R.I.P. Peter Steele. Type O Negative lives on in our hearts.

Metal, baby. Metal. band.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 42 Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Liked: 507
UD5H FTW

post #25 of 42 Old 04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 3
I look at these boards and I'm like "ohh that looks nice" then I look at my Rampage IV Extreme...
post #26 of 42 Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 75
Send a message via MSN to borandi Send a message via Skype™ to borandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by votum View Post

WHERE IS ITX!?

ITX roundup is planned as the next review after launch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke View Post

Quote:

I like that board a lot. I only wish they opted for the advanced PLX chip for the price. I don't know how much that would have jumped the price though.
Quote:
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe: Asus has set the MSRP of the P8Z77-V Deluxe at $279, making it the most expensive board in our round-up. The P8Z77-V Deluxe's price premium is easily justified, however. The board includes more USB ports than the others, it includes WiFi and Bluetooth, an Intel LAN controller, it's Thunderbolt-ready, its UEFI is well laid out and offers extensive tweakability features. The board also includes a PLX PCIe switch, which offers all of its slots full PCIe connectivity. The Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe also proved to be perfectly stable throughout testing. In short, the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe may be pricier than the rest, but if you've got the funds and want / need one or more of the board's features, we'd recommend it.

HotHardware did the mistake of seeing a PLX chip on the board and not realising which one it is. The PLX on the ASUS board is just for controllers - it is the PLX PXE 8747 chip which doubles PCIe 3.0 lane connectivity, which we have on the ECS Z77H2-AX.
Quote:

Just sold my P67-UD7 and bought the UD5 wifi model. I cannot wait for it to get here so I can start playing with the new UEFI. And as always, props to Sin for saying it as it is. Was really disappointing to see the Anand reviewer just doing phase counts.

I'm the reviewer for the article - I've had requests just to quote phase counts. If the number means anything to you (it seems to for some people), then take it home and put it in your pocket. If not, then ignore it.
post #27 of 42 Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 10
WOAH!
keep it clean lads. Were all friends on OCN thumb.gif

never seen those middle mobos(gold/black and orange/black) before besides the MSI middle bottom.
dont think they sell in my country.

I like SSD's and Corsair. LGA 2011 or nothing
post #28 of 42 Old 04-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Gone

Liked: 570
I'm going z77 ITX + 3770T. Aiming for high performance:watt in a small system.

post #29 of 42 Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Engineering the World

Liked: 79
On the UD3H review,

Page 8 quote: "The VRM power delivery weighs in at 6 + 4 phase, which is by no means substantial (remember the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 was 8 + 4 and less expensive)."

Yet: the "Conclusions" chart (page 14) shows the same board having 10 + 4 power.

Which is correct?

Sys #2,: A10-7700K @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+( FM2+) ,4gb GSkill Ripjaws @2133Mhz, Corsair 300R, Samsung P2770 HD-1080p, R7 250, Crucial C300 64GB Boot + Samsung F3 500Gb, NOCTUA NH-D14, Antec 620C Neo

post #30 of 42 Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 75
Send a message via MSN to borandi Send a message via Skype™ to borandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electroneng View Post

On the UD3H review,

Page 8 quote: "The VRM power delivery weighs in at 6 + 4 phase, which is by no means substantial (remember the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 was 8 + 4 and less expensive)."

Yet: the "Conclusions" chart (page 14) shows the same board having 10 + 4 power.

Which is correct?

Straight from Gigabyte themselves in an email I got not much more than an hour ago:

"The Z77X-UD3H has 10 phases (6 x CPU, 1 x VGA, 2 x Memory and 1 x VTT). The Z77MX-D3H has 7 phases (4 x CPU, 1 x VGA, 1 x Memory and 1 x VTT). Regarding the marketing and promotion of phase numbers, frankly speaking you can appreciate that some Taiwan vendors like to promote specific numbers when they have slightly larger numbers to talk about. Our current solution from International Rectifier isn’t particularly big on the number of phases, but really hits big on overall power delivery and control"

Please note this is Gigabyte, who have before strongly marketed 24 phase boards with one particular rev 1.0 UD7.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page