[CL] Corsair Announces New Hydro Series H100i and H80i Flagship Liquid CPU Coolers - Page 49 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 835 Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Audiophile
 
ElectroGeek007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek007 View Post

Now if only I could get the H100i to appear in the software so I could update it... frown.gif

Have you connected it to an operational USB header on your motherboard? Try a different header, maybe?

Just tried another header, no dice. Tried system restore to before the first install of Corsair Link. Still nothing. It doesn't even show up in Device Manager. At this rate, might as well just buy a decent fan controller and run the fans on that. frown.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denman 
Next on OCN Rumors: An article saying AMD is going to have a faster card than Nvidia. Experts all agree, this is impossible because of our bias. More on this tonight at 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylepdalton 
I have no idea how this forum went from Intel is marginally better than AMD to Intel is the only capable processor of doing anything. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT 
Mantle is like Jesus. Died for our sin/s/gle threading nightmare and was resurrected in multiple ways. Lord Gaben and his son Mantle! tongue.gif

Clubs
MLP:FiM | Mechanical Keyboards | Windows 10 | Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread
ElectroGeek007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 835 Old 11-21-2012, 06:37 PM
 
ElevenEleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Do you have any other devices that can be connected via internal USB headers to test if it's something to do with motherboard settings? My H100i is connected to one of the two USB headers via the thick long cord that attaches to the pump and also to a fan header via a single thin wire also attached to the pump. I installed Corsair Link 2, and everything worked right away. Mine doesn't show up in the Device Manager under anything recognizable either.
ElevenEleven is offline  
post #483 of 835 Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Audiophile
 
ElectroGeek007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

Do you have any other devices that can be connected via internal USB headers to test if it's something to do with motherboard settings? My H100i is connected to one of the two USB headers via the thick long cord that attaches to the pump and also to a fan header via a single thin wire also attached to the pump. I installed Corsair Link 2, and everything worked right away. Mine doesn't show up in the Device Manager under anything recognizable either.

I switched the USB header out with one of the ones that had been connected to a front USB port on my case. All the USB ports still work on the case, but it's still not showing up in CL 2.2.0. I have also tried with and without the RPM wire connector attached.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denman 
Next on OCN Rumors: An article saying AMD is going to have a faster card than Nvidia. Experts all agree, this is impossible because of our bias. More on this tonight at 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylepdalton 
I have no idea how this forum went from Intel is marginally better than AMD to Intel is the only capable processor of doing anything. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT 
Mantle is like Jesus. Died for our sin/s/gle threading nightmare and was resurrected in multiple ways. Lord Gaben and his son Mantle! tongue.gif

Clubs
MLP:FiM | Mechanical Keyboards | Windows 10 | Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread
ElectroGeek007 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 835 Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 PM
 
ShurmanatorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys, I'm new to OCN, but I've been watching this thread closely as it has given me some great information.

I was curious if anyone has played with the pump speed to test actual differences in cooling performance. I have not personally seen a difference even when changing the rpm divider from one to six and back again (letting it stabilize in-between).

ShurmanatorX is offline  
post #485 of 835 Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 PM
 
Doggman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

New firmware is available for both the H100i and H80i products that address two issues that have been reported by some users.
1.) Fan noise - By adjusting the PWM frequency used to control the fan speed the fan vibration at lower speeds will no longer cause excessive noise that some users have experienced.
2.) Digital Link Connection - Full functionality of the H100i and H80i through software using the Digital Link connection to a Commander unit. Those with Corsair Link Cooling/Cooling and Lighting kits can plug the I series units directly into the Commander.
New Corsair Link Dashboard software (Version 2.2.0) is also available that accompanies the firmware updates for these products. Please install version 2.2.0 prior to updating the firmware on the H80i and H100i units so that you will have full functionality of the units after the flash.
Corsair Link Dashboard software version 2.2.0 can be downloaded here.
H100i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing.
H80i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing.

Wow this is sweet. Installed the updated CL and updated drivers and my H100i is SILENT now... It was the noisiest thing in my case by a long shot prior to this update but now it makes about the same amount of noise as my case fans which is pretty much none. Thanks Corsair! CL is working alot better now too.

Doggman is offline  
post #486 of 835 Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 AM
 
ShurmanatorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I second this statement. The fans are almost dead silent now, with the exception of a very, very faint rattle only audible when all my case fans are on low. I did notice a faint, high-pitched whine now coming from the h100i after the update. Is anyone else experiencing this whine?

ShurmanatorX is offline  
post #487 of 835 Old 11-22-2012, 07:29 AM
AMD Overclocker
 
Vaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurmanatorX View Post

I second this statement. The fans are almost dead silent now, with the exception of a very, very faint rattle only audible when all my case fans are on low. I did notice a faint, high-pitched whine now coming from the h100i after the update. Is anyone else experiencing this whine?

Yes, had this noise with the default fan (h80i), changed to AP-15s and it's now silent.

EDIT: Decided to do a little (early) review of my H80i: http://www.overclock.net/products/corsair-hydro-series-h80i-water-cooler/reviews/5514 thumb.gif
Vaub is offline  
post #488 of 835 Old 11-22-2012, 10:51 AM
 
ElevenEleven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 107
For Mr. CorsairGeorge: Slightly off-topic, but would Corsair consider adding an RGB LED strip to be compatible with Corsair Link? One would plug it into the pump and change color with Corsair Link software along with the pump LED color? NZXT Hue is nice and all, but I simply don't have a free bay to install it, or anywhere else in my case at this point. Having an on-motherboard controller would be much better.
ElevenEleven is offline  
post #489 of 835 Old 11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
 
Doggman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurmanatorX View Post

I second this statement. The fans are almost dead silent now, with the exception of a very, very faint rattle only audible when all my case fans are on low. I did notice a faint, high-pitched whine now coming from the h100i after the update. Is anyone else experiencing this whine?

Damnit... Yes... I thought it was in my head redface.gif

I know exactly what you're talking about though and mine does it too. It's pretty high pitched, neither of my parentals can hear it smile.gif

Doggman is offline  
post #490 of 835 Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Zantrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: right behind you
Posts: 1,406
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
CorsairGeorge, this might have been asked/answered already, but will we see a 360 rad version in the future?

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Zantrill is online now  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off