[CNET] Samsung: Galaxy S4 for U.S. has four cores, not eight - Page 22 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 280 Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizturbedOne View Post

I still like my Nexus S 4G more than anything out. I wish it was a little faster, and had a little better power savings, like some of the newer multi-core phones, but it is the perfect size for me, has been very tough, and has all the features I need.

I really wish one of these companies would focus on a SMALL smartphone. One with about a 4" screen, as thin and with the least amount of bezel possible, without having to sacrifice having a decent processor, screen, or current pertinent feature (4G, current wifi, etc) that will make it obsolete in one year. That's all I want.

I don't care about all this flashy phone junk. Just want one that works well, in a small form factor.

What about the galaxy s4 mini? Due around July and it's small @ 4.3". If not you'll have to step up to 4.7" phones like the newer nexus phones, which imo isn't big at all. I have real small hands and can touch everything with my thumb on the screen one handed when using my gnex. 5" is iffy and getting hard for one handed, but the perfect size phone to me. My phone is just the absolute limit and impossible for me to one hand text comfortably, but I loves my note 2.

tapping from the Note II

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 280 Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM
MegaTechPC

Liked: 1086
Quote:

I still like my Nexus S 4G more than anything out. I wish it was a little faster, and had a little better power savings, like some of the newer multi-core phones, but it is the perfect size for me, has been very tough, and has all the features I need.

I really wish one of these companies would focus on a SMALL smartphone. One with about a 4" screen, as thin and with the least amount of bezel possible, without having to sacrifice having a decent processor, screen, or current pertinent feature (4G, current wifi, etc) that will make it obsolete in one year. That's all I want.

I don't care about all this flashy phone junk. Just want one that works well, in a small form factor.

Nobody wants a small phone, that's why. With all I do on my phone from playing games to watching Youtube the last thing I want is to have to squint at a tiny screen. Sure there are a few like you who want a smaller phone but no where near enough for phone makers to make them a priority...
post #213 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 20
For all those who were stoked about picking one up today off the T-Mobile site. I just got this reply from customer service via webchat on the T-Mobile site:

"I am sorry but due to an unexpected delay with inventory deliveries, the Galaxy S 4 will not be available on www.T-Mobile.com as planned on Wednesday, April 24. Instead, online availability is expected to begin on Monday, April 29. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working with Samsung to deliver the device to T-Mobile customers as soon as possible."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 01:54 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 30
Quote:

if you really want just a phone you could go for the Blackberry Z10 which is 4.2 inches.

But honestly I was really impressed with the texting on it. On the radio from the way I heard it sounded stupid like another autocorrect. Big deal I said. But it's actually really different. I feel like with the combination of a tablet, I would prefer to have the blackberry as just a texting phone, but it is also a smartphone in case I need 4G LTE. I don't like to be distracted by games with a small handheld device. Unless its a gameboy tongue.gif
post #215 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I will say that I had absolutely no time to mess with blinkfeed so my admittedly rash judgement of it was a bit premature. I just don't like that you can't get rid of it if you don't like it...
yeah I didn't like that either. Not being able to get rid of it. But I think it is off to the left side of home screens so it's not so bad...
post #216 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 AM
4.4Ghz for Netflix

Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I will say that I had absolutely no time to mess with blinkfeed so my admittedly rash judgement of it was a bit premature. I just don't like that you can't get rid of it if you don't like it...
You can, IMO there's not much point to running Sense without it so I just installed Nova Launcher. Sense is good, but Nova is (IMO) great.
Loving my One, for what its worth.

post #218 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 24
Wait.. I don't get it. Qualcomm is a much better Proc and Exynos has such horrible support. You guys ever check XDA? You all should be happy S4 is not only Exynos based.

Edit: Or am I not getting something?

Quotes! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf575 go_quote.gif

Only on OCN can there be an incredibly pointless argument about something that has nothing to do with the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirus2012 go_quote.gif

Quote:
That's funny I'm pretty sure if someone hacks into the US governments servers they go to jail... US government does it to google, it's to prevent terrorism. Nice.

post #219 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 41
Still waiting on that Note 3.

post #220 of 280 Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
4.4Ghz for Netflix

Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianC View Post

Wait.. I don't get it. Qualcomm is a much better Proc and Exynos has such horrible support. You guys ever check XDA? You all should be happy S4 is not only Exynos based.

Edit: Or am I not getting something?

Exactly. That's one of the main reasons I ended up getting the One, I just got sick of Samsungs crap.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page