[VC] NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Pictured Up Close (Gallery) - Page 17 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #161 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalbard View Post

Yep, Titan buyers got screwed.
I still am happy with mine. It's a beast, and continues to smash all games I play with ease. Crysis maxed out at 5768x1080, no problem. Plus, 6gb is 6gb, whether I use it all or not. I'm going to add a third one, and be done with it for the next 5-6 years. People should just be happy with thier purchase, after all, the 780 is slower, not by much, but still is. You could argue that you can overclock the 780 to titan levels, but you can also overclock the titan. I was getting over +180 core without even touching the voltage. It will be interesting to see if the cooler on the 780 is plastic, instead of metal like the titan. I think it will be, as the cost will be hard to keep low if it isn't.

"Watch this place six months from now.....All of a sudden the "***" fans will claim it's not about who has the fastest card....#greenteam"

Cards to date: GTX 580 1.5gb -- GTX 590 Limited Edition -- GTX 580 3gb SLI -- GTX 670 SuperClocked 4gb SLI -- GTX 670 SuperClocked 4gb 3 Way SLI -- GTX 680 4gb SLI -- GTX 680 4gb 3 Way SLI -- GTX Titan SLI -- GTX 780Ti Superclocked SLI -- GTX Titan X SuperClocked SLI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 11
zinfinion , how is metro?
post #163 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

zinfinion , how is metro?

Totally offtopic (unless it is still bundled with the 700 series tongue.gif), but awesome and not so awesome at the same time, lol. AI could use an overhaul, they are blind as bats and stealthing is way too easy. Basically they did a one eighty on the überhuman see-in-the-dark/hear-everything AI from the first game. Not that this is exclusive to Last Light, Splinter Cell is the closest analogue I can think of that has the same sort of easily outstealthed AI.

I also ran into a hilarious bug where the AI froze in place but could still see and hear and raise the alarm. They also couldn't be knocked out or killed, and reloading the checkpoint didn't reset it so I had to stealth the entire rest of the level with no errors. It got a bit dicey.

Other than that, it's been good so far. I'm about 18 hours in, and right around the halfway point as far as I can tell.

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
Tomb Raider | Metro - Last Light | Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon | Costume Quest 2 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Programmer

Liked: 200
Crossposting this due to it being good info I found (and hey with the above post it fits right in!) biggrin.gif:

OOPS!!!! Guru3d posted a chart including the 780 accidentally for a brief time this morning...

Can't find the chart image yet but found someone say the numbers from the Metro Last Light bench that was leaked.:

Titan 48FPS
GTX780 44 FPS
7970GHZ 34 FPS
SOURCE: Translated through google

Have a problem with your FUD being dispelled by fact checkers?
"Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world." biggrin.gif
post #165 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post

Titan 48FPS
GTX780 44 FPS

Hawt. I've got it locked to 30 FPS through 1/2 adaptive v-sync on my 670, everything maxed, no SSAA. Surprisingly, 30 FPS isn't that bad, it's got a similar motion blur to the original Crysis which really helps offset that 30 FPS feel. SLI 780s and 60+ FPS will be sweet for my second playthrough though. biggrin.gif

Currently Playing
Iron Brigade (Now with Steamworks!) | Diablo III (6WW+2IK BK Barbarian) | Elite Dangerous (I <3 Rhino HOTAS)

Looking Forward To
Oculus Rift CV1 | Galak-Z | Star Citizen | Bedlam (Backed) | The Flame in the Flood (Backed)

Recently Finished
Tomb Raider | Metro - Last Light | Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon | Costume Quest 2 |
post #166 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 10:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsnNwk View Post

Don't be, Titans still going to be the best, probably until the GTX 800 series in 2014, if still after that.
Also I'm jealous of you, because you got 2x Titans, and because it was so cheap for you.
"cheap" is relative for sure...
I'm very happy with the performance of these cards. No doubt they work great, and one can keep waiting for ever for the "next launch"... and so on, always behind the curve. I can't do that for my use. Right now these drive a 4K monitor better than my CFX 7970's (although it's pretty close except for runt frames from the CFX drivers).

Anyway - can't wait for tech to catch up to where you want to jump in... that's a trailing plan wink.gif

BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2017 

post #167 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfinion View Post

Totally offtopic (unless it is still bundled with the 700 series tongue.gif), but awesome and not so awesome at the same time, lol. AI could use an overhaul, they are blind as bats and stealthing is way too easy. Basically they did a one eighty on the überhuman see-in-the-dark/hear-everything AI from the first game. Not that this is exclusive to Last Light, Splinter Cell is the closest analogue I can think of that has the same sort of easily outstealthed AI.

I also ran into a hilarious bug where the AI froze in place but could still see and hear and raise the alarm. They also couldn't be knocked out or killed, and reloading the checkpoint didn't reset it so I had to stealth the entire rest of the level with no errors. It got a bit dicey.

Other than that, it's been good so far. I'm about 18 hours in, and right around the halfway point as far as I can tell.

Nice run up of a game. Technically, 780 is above 660Ti, this should be the case here. The offer is valid till June. Might be a good idea to buy a card, sell a game(if you don't like) and have your 50$ back!! d:
post #168 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 11:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post

Crossposting this due to it being good info I found (and hey with the above post it fits right in!) biggrin.gif:

OOPS!!!! Guru3d posted a chart including the 780 accidentally for a brief time this morning...

Can't find the chart image yet but found someone say the numbers from the Metro Last Light bench that was leaked.:

Titan 48FPS
GTX780 44 FPS
7970GHZ 34 FPS
SOURCE: Translated through google
So close to a titan.

post #169 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 35
How many of us actually need Titans and 780s? I know for sure I don't becuase I still play under 1080p, But I don't care. I still plan on getting one tongue.gif

I do have 3 identical monitors ready for surround at my whim. Ones just connected to my gaming consoles, I don't have the desk space for 3 at the moment.

post #170 of 1081 Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Not just position, SUPERposition!

Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

So close to a titan.
indeed it will probably turn out to indeed be the 10/15% that was mentioned earlier.
Very neat indeed.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page