[Various] GTX 780 Reviews - Page 195 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1941 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Kane2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

A typical excepted response for someone who has no clue of what is talking about biggrin.gif

Name me a driver the boosted a performance in a Titan or 780?

Plus my 500 series are here to prove that even the cards based on the same chips are impacted differently by a driver.
Hope you get it.

Or in a long run: I have a factual history that backs me up. Meanwhile you think it is something I made up.

I have a good laugh with your posts man! rolleyes.gif

You don't have a clue do you?

Fermi saw large gains because it was a new arch.

Kepler won't because it's just a shrink and refinement of that arch.

You're digging yourself a bit of a hole here bud tongue.gif

Kane2207 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1942 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
Regent Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2207 View Post

You don't have a clue do you?

Fermi saw large gains because it was a new arch.

Kepler won't because it's just a shrink and refinement of that arch.

You're digging yourself a bit of a hole here bud tongue.gif

Great post. What are you trying to prove though? biggrin.gif
Regent Square is offline  
post #1943 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
 
Kane2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Great post. What are you trying to prove though? biggrin.gif

I don't know, maybe that you're full of it when you claim that the 780/Titan will not be supported?

Kane2207 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1944 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Overclocker in Training
 
Regent Square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2207 View Post

I don't know, maybe that you're full of it when you claim that the 780/Titan will not be supported?

I say there is a possibility. On the other hand it is their main card before AMD.
Regent Square is offline  
post #1945 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM
4.0ghz
 
Clairvoyant129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 135
1202MHz air cooled single card run. SLI is disabled.



I'll leave this here, maybe I'll see a LN2 voltmodded 780 beating it. tongue.gif
Clairvoyant129 is offline  
post #1946 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
y2kcamaross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pekin, Illinois
Posts: 3,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2207 View Post

I don't know, maybe that you're full of it when you claim that the 780/Titan will not be supported?

I say there is a possibility. On the other hand it is their main card before AMD.
no, it's not possible, nvidia has never released a card and then not supported it, it doesn't make sense and they would most likely get sued, only way I see this happening is if they go completely bankrupt and shut down

y2kcamaross is online now  
post #1947 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
 
Masked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 7,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

I say there is a possibility. On the other hand it is their main card before AMD.

Orly?

Sorry but, no.

Just, so much no.

The Titan was actually aimed towards a niche market but, happened to perform well in the gaming world so, to market the card, they marketed it as "the best thing since sliced bread"...That doesn't make gaming it's primary purpose...It's a "crunch card" that just so happens to be good at gaming.

The 780 was and always has been aimed at the gaming market.

This forces a very interesting situation for Nvidia because the Titan has to be continually updated via software whenever a new major launch approaches because, once again, the card actually isn't geared towards gaming performance, it just so happens to be good at it...So, they'll be driver enhancing the Titan for YEARS to come.

Same is true of the 780 -- In fact, from beta -- > WHQL there was about a 5% overall gain in performance.

Typically it's @5%/driver but, again this is a unique situation so, it will be interesting to see what happens.

As to if there's a possibility of them not supporting the card...LOL...That's like saying Amelia Earhart never worked on her own plane.

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is difficult, only for others. It is the same when you are stupid. - Ricky Gervais.
Masked is offline  
post #1948 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:42 AM
slow TSMC = more telescopes
 
Alatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 16,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Send a message via Skype™ to Alatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

1202MHz air cooled single card run. SLI is disabled.



I'll leave this here, maybe I'll see a LN2 780 beating it. tongue.gif

C'mon you can do better than that tongue.gif

1176MHz

Alatar is offline  
post #1949 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
MegaTechPC
 
Majin SSJ Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA
Posts: 18,638
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessKnight View Post

By seeing the Valley Benchmark GoldenTiger posted. I can understand now why some Titan owners in here are pissed biggrin.gif.
Only golden Titans reached 80 fps+ but with exotic cooling and probably are hardly stable at those clocks.
wholeeo's very impressive 780 defeated 60% of the Titans in that benchmarks. only 11 Titans (the other 40%) bested it but barely.
Titan out of the box is the fastest card. but when it comes to overclocking it is debatable. GTX 780 is a potential threat for it after overclocking.

Lol, there's nothing to be pissed about. The Titan is a faster card and the 780 is a better buy. What's so hard about that?
Majin SSJ Eric is offline  
post #1950 of 2543 Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 AM
 
Kane2207's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

I say there is a possibility. On the other hand it is their main card before AMD.

If you mean there's a possibility that you're completely full of it, then yeah, I agree absolutely wink.gif

Kane2207 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off