[AquaComputer] Aquaero 6 - Page 110 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1091 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Amiga 500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I was going crazy being stuck in the house so I decided to go out anyway. The roads were not bad at all. I got the last piece of the puzzle....the keyboard.

Oh and I also got an allan wrench set to replace the faceplate on my aquaero 6 xt. I don't know tools but it was an assortment pack that I got from Home Depot. The clearance price was 3 bucks. It was the smallest of the set...it was numbered 2(whatever that means)

Anyway, I quickly removed the screws holding in the faceplate. The brackets fell off easily. and all I had to do was carefully pull off the faceplate assembly/touchscreen part from the body of the aquaero. They were connected with pins....whatever they're called.

And all I did was carefully slide a razor blade between the faceplate and the touchscreen part....just little by little all the way around and poof...it easily separated. There was enough adhesive that I didn't have to use double sided tape like someone suggested to me.

Also, if you're afraid to remove the silver faceplate, you may be able to just take the screws out, put the black faceplate on top, and screw it on.....the screws seem to be long enough.
MeanBruce likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1092 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM

Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post

I was going crazy being stuck in the house so I decided to go out anyway. The roads were not bad at all. I got the last piece of the puzzle....the keyboard.

Oh and I also got an allan wrench set to replace the faceplate on my aquaero 6 xt. I don't know tools but it was an assortment pack that I got from Home Depot. The clearance price was 3 bucks. It was the smallest of the set...it was numbered 2(whatever that means)

Anyway, I quickly removed the screws holding in the faceplate. The brackets fell off easily. and all I had to do was carefully pull off the faceplate assembly/touchscreen part from the body of the aquaero. They were connected with pins....whatever they're called.

And all I did was carefully slide a razor blade between the faceplate and the touchscreen part....just little by little all the way around and poof...it easily separated. There was enough adhesive that I didn't have to use double sided tape like someone suggested to me.

Also, if you're afraid to remove the silver faceplate, you may be able to just take the screws out, put the black faceplate on top, and screw it on.....the screws seem to be long enough.

That's reassuring, getting my A6 tomorrow can't wait wanted one for 3months now WOW has it been that long? Yep when we first met Shoggy back in September, finally the day has arrived, almost.

Is the new remote control with the XT have the new white crop circles or the old green?

I sent the Aquaero 6 photos to an IT friend of mine that works at Harris Corporation and he said many server and server devices are all black with a single silver or shiny stainless steel control panel, so he doesn't quite understand why I/We are all wanting the black faceplates. biggrin.gif

post #1093 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Amiga 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

That's reassuring, getting my A6 tomorrow can't wait wanted one for 3months now WOW has it been that long? Yep when we first met Shoggy back in September, finally the day has arrived, almost.

Is the new remote control with the XT have the new white crop circles or the old green?

Mine has the white circles.

Let us know how you make out with replacing the faceplate thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1094 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post

Mine has the white circles.

Let us know how you make out with replacing the faceplate thumb.gif

I'm planning on using a dull razor blade so as not to repeat my delidding CPU crime scene fiasco.

Don't slice into the PCB Bruce.

I won't, I'm a surgeon. biggrin.gif
post #1095 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Amiga 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

I'm planning on using a dull razor blade so as not to repeat my delidding CPU crime scene fiasco.

Don't slice into the PCB Bruce.

I won't, I'm a surgeon. biggrin.gif

Slicing up your CPU?? eek.gif

LOL... I was afraid of slicing something that shouldn't be sliced. I can only hope that I didn't screw anything up.

I guess if the screen did get screwed up, I can still use it and rely on only the software. biggrin.gif

post #1096 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 592
Does anyone know what the mating connector (preferably in the US and in black) for the Aquacomputer "High Flow" sensor (P/N 53068) can be gotten?

A link would be great if you have one. I'd really rather build and sleeve my own cable anyway.

post #1097 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Amiga 500

post #1098 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Dirt Farmer

Liked: 505
Anyone know if the XT can be used to power up a system? Would love to rip the face plate out of my 900D to get rid of 90% of the cables I would never use.
post #1099 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Anyone know if the XT can be used to power up a system? Would love to rip the face plate out of my 900D to get rid of 90% of the cables I would never use.

You mean turn on the power supply of the computer when it's off?

I don't see how that would be possible as the XT needs power to operate ... short of having a separate DC power supply for the AQ6 that is always on.

post #1100 of 1963 Old 12-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

I don't see why the A6 couldn't be used as a simple switch. It will have power when the PSU is on. Would have to connect it to the two mobo header pins somehow that's all.

I'd love to turn on my rig with the A6 remote control. smile.gif
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page