post #141 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Intel Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

Easily a few thousand if he mined it 20 hours a day as soon as he got it.

I talk about general current prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Programmer

Liked: 200
Hardocp articles are generally poor, basically opinionated editorials. I put less stock in them than even forum users because they have free hardware given and ads, not just buying it. As usual they are totally off the mark. 10 year old cards have no relevance in excusing this loud, hot, feature-lacking mess, period. Good luck finding one for msrp with miners like myself snapping them up for coins, too.

Have a problem with your FUD being dispelled by fact checkers?
"Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world." biggrin.gif
post #143 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Fan Man

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post

Hardocp articles are generally poor, basically opinionated editorials. I put less stock in them than even forum users because they have free hardware given and ads, not just buying it. As usual they are totally off the mark. 10 year old cards have no relevance in excusing this loud, hot, feature-lacking mess, period. Good luck finding one for msrp with miners like myself snapping them up for coins, too.
ITP: The GTX 480 is 10 years old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Lol. When hardocp choose titan sli because of the stutter then all its okay. When they choose 290x omg look their bias. ALSO if you for 1 sec remove your green glasses then you can see its a personal article. If you want a review they have 290x review for like 1 month now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No I said if Vega is clocked @ 1600MHz out of the box, I will eat my shoe on Twitch.tv.

Sound good? wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicin View Post
Not in games, which is what 99.9999 percent of us care about

And unless you own a business, you get paid for your time. So your compute power just makes more work for you not less

Ryzen is a joke to the vast majority of the market who would consider buying their product.
post #145 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Programmer

Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckie7 View Post

ITP: The GTX 480 is 10 years old.

The fx 5800 is referenced.

Have a problem with your FUD being dispelled by fact checkers?
"Patients suffering from psychosis have impaired reality testing; that is, they are unable to distinguish personal subjective experience from the reality of the external world." biggrin.gif
post #146 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Fan Man

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post

The fx 5800 is referenced.

And so was the GTX 480.

"10 year old cards"

post #147 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 34
Send a message via Skype™ to Overkill
The cycle never changes, another topic another day . The personal article is as valid as any one of the hundreds of thousands of random user's posts on this forum. Ive seen less representative articles and posts backed or denied blindly before then argued about endlessly and this is no different. Its someone's impression of the hardware regardless of a reader's own pre-existing assumptions about it. Get over yourselves guys. The fanboys will be fanboys and people who were insecure about their purchasing decisions will continue to be insecure.

post #148 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 PM

Liked: 212
Hardocp has changed his style to be a tad more hawaii friendly.

E.g he has postponed the overclocking review of hawaii cards until 290x cards get aftermarket.

He didn't show gtx 780 ti overclocking results. Hardocp has always done an overclocking section in their reviews in their articles on new cards. It seems weird that they stopped testing with Hawaii. Not showing overclocked results only benefits AMD in this case, particularly when AMD has uber mode.

He only benched uber mode 290x vs gtx 780 ti.

Hardocp has put more effort into testing at 4k than he has has 2560*1440 or 2560*1600. This is kind of ridiculous considering the rarity of the monitor. He has inserted 4k results into his regular reviews, done 4k testing in seperate articles and then more 4k testing in crossfire articles. Its really a 4k bonaza that would make you think 4k monitors are as common as 1080p.

Overclocking results are far more relevant to most peoples lives than 4k testing.

Lastly he made this article to appease people who are having noise concerns when hardocp has never had this type of look back article. The irony of this is kyle stated he would wait for none reference cards before getting a hawaii card.

He has been the only website out there defending AMD's acoustic performance. You can do it for quiet mode, but pretty much every website out there say uber mode is loud. Hardocp seems like the only one saying it is okay in uber mode. It doesn't help when hardocp doesn't test using a decibel meter and can just say whatever they want.

He's doing alot of work for AMD here, particularly ones that make AMD cards look good.
post #149 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 10:08 PM
4.4Ghz for Netflix

Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post

95% of the sites had bright colors, why would they use black? it looks great i agree, and its their signature but it really hurts your eyes, one day i spent like 1 hours of constant reading, omg i was like what? my eyes burned so much.

If they want to still keep the "badass" signature of the site, they should try grey/black? something not so dark.....

Black is actually easier on your eyes than white is, remember that you're not looking at paper but what is effectively an advanced light-bulb...It's the red that's the problem for [H].
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post

He has been the only website out there defending AMD's acoustic performance. You can do it for quiet mode, but pretty much every website out there say uber mode is loud. Hardocp seems like the only one saying it is okay in uber mode. It doesn't help when hardocp doesn't test using a decibel meter and can just say whatever they want.

He's doing alot of work for AMD here, particularly ones that make AMD cards look good.

He's saying the exact same thing that people who owned a Fermi or Hawaii say: That while it's loud, it's not anywhere nearly as bad as people act like it is.

post #150 of 264 Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Just a quick tip... Jokes work better when you don't normally say it anyway.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page