[DNS][Crossfire vs SLI 780Ti/780/290X/290 x Dual/Triple/Quad - Page 5 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #41 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-block View Post

More accurately, old drivers. Not too mention that all the results are hogwash based on that fact alone.

More accurately, the results are what they are for what was tested.
mboner1 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared go_quote.gif

There are none, there isn't a single game where cpu speed matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Programmer

Liked: 178
Tri-CF 290s for 4K are winners.

post #43 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 07:32 AM

Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG StroOnZ View Post

You can get the 3970x off of Amazon.com NiB for $778.99. Maybe the $261 saved will motivate you to get it.

Why would you buy the 3970X over a 4930K?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Case Modder

Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTaco View Post

Sad mudslinger is sad. Supposedly mantle will be multi supported, including intel and nvidia, so don't speak as if you know anything for fact...

They said it can work for other manufacturers in the future, but they never said it will. I guarantee you it will be at least 2 GPU generations before Nvidia works with Mantle.
post #45 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Apple Enthusiast

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelan View Post

They said it can work for other manufacturers in the future, but they never said it will. I guarantee you it will be at least 2 GPU generations before Nvidia works with Mantle.

Really? You have insider information showing this? If not, it's all speculation at best. That's why all I'm saying is that it would appear Nvidia will also have access to it as well as Intel.

As another point of contention I love how people that white knight for AMD say how they're all about being open and give Nvidia crap for keeping PhysX et cetera, if you're right or if they don't offer it at all they're no better than Nvidia in that respect.

EDIT: the second point was NOT directed at you at all Phelan, but rather as a general statement.

post #46 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:45 AM
News Fiend

Liked: 166
Love amd but tri or quad these you might as well get a generator and run them on bio fuel , cos my electric provider would probably call the police and say i may have a cannabis farm going biggrin.gif

There are 2 kinds of people I really admire in this world. Ones that say they are going to do something and do it! And ones that do something, and then say they have done it!
post #47 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Liked: 218
Quote:

Really? You have insider information showing this? If not, it's all speculation at best. That's why all I'm saying is that it would appear Nvidia will also have access to it as well as Intel.

As another point of contention I love how people that white knight for AMD say how they're all about being open and give Nvidia crap for keeping PhysX et cetera, if you're right or if they don't offer it at all they're no better than Nvidia in that respect.

EDIT: the second point was NOT directed at you at all Phelan, but rather as a general statement.

So you are saying that while AMD (you know the people that more or less developed that thing) clearly states it will only work with GCN cards and not older radeons, it somehow won't have issues to run on geforces (Intel HD is a joke as is)?

post #48 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:50 AM

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Can someone explain to me why this site neglected to include The Witcher 2, Just cause 2, and Far Cry 3 in the overall results?

Oh wait, including those would have made Nvidia win....

They still included stuff like GRID or BF4 where SLI clearly wasn't working properly. However when it came to games where CFX didn't work properly or wasn't good they apparently just conveniently left them out.

Seems legit.

Gotta love the conspiracy theories when AMD win one. It's okay when reviewers don't flick a switch and put the 290x in uber mode tho isn't it, those reviews still count lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedINC View Post

More accurately, the results are what they are for what was tested.

Exactly. +1.
post #49 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Apple Enthusiast

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboner1 View Post

Gotta love the conspiracy theories when AMD win one. It's okay when reviewers don't flick a switch and put the 290x in uber mode tho isn't it, those reviews still count lol.

We don't play this game as this counts and that counts. We're trying to get objective information. Stop playing the taking sides game, no one wins when bad information is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuivamaa View Post

So you are saying it that while AMD (you know the people that more or less developed that thing) clearly states it will only work with GCN cards and not older radeons, it somehow won't have issues to run on geforces (Intel HD is a joke as is)?

They also said that it would be compatible with other platforms and architectures:

Take it up with AMD, not me.

post #50 of 78 Old 12-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 66
Quote:

We don't play this game as this counts and that counts. We're trying to get objective information. Stop playing the taking sides game, no one wins when bad information is released.

Why isn't this objective, cos nvidia comes off looking worse?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page