[HardOCP] R9 Fury X Crossfire vs GTX 980 Ti SLI vs Titan X SLI @ 4K Resolution - Page 5 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #41 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMack70 View Post

So stop trolling with nonsensical claims like "100% stability is always ZERO overclock" when the issue is you are just bad/lazy/apathetic with respect to overclocking. thumb.gif

Pretty sure I have seen for myself even on this forum with people getting cards and even with the smallest overclock caused crashing/artifacting in games. Some people just get horrible binned cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM

Location: between the Carpathian Mountains and the Baltic Sea.
Liked: 236
had a bad overclock - no overclock is stable
other people run stable overclocks - who cares, want a cookie ?
get some sleep.
post #43 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 10:37 AM

Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJJames View Post

Some people just get horrible binned cards.
Quote:

100% stability is always ZERO overclock

Amazing logic.

Last edited by ADU; 07-17-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Quote:

Amazing logic.

Thanks
post #45 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 10:41 AM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 14
The Witcher 3 benchmark is not very useful, "Graphed Area: Lilac and Gooseberries" aka the beginning of the game is not very demanding. They should do the test in the streets of Novigrad.

Also i never liked the fact they use different settings for the cards, they must have their reasons, but still.

If i had to choose from the 3 setups i would choose the 980tis, 4gb in the Fury is not enough.

post #46 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilthran View Post

The Witcher 3 benchmark is not very useful, "Graphed Area: Lilac and Gooseberries" aka the beginning of the game is not very demanding. They should do the test in the streets of Novigrad.
deep forest fighting foglets in mist during a storm, we'd see minus fps on amd tongue.gif but the difference between horrible and really bad is no real difference at all so they should've really used no hw and turned down some settings
post #47 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Auto Overclocker

Liked: 690
Quote:

The problem is consistency. One game that overclock may work without issues, another game it may crash within 15mins to an hour, another game it may show artifacts.

If you're like me who play through 5-8 games that are pretty cpu/gpu intensive weekly, stability is key. And 100% stability is always ZERO overclock.

You have got to be joking. Just stop now. The over clocks that are in my sig are 24/7 stable across ALL games I play. Why would I care or even know if they are stable in games I don't play?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalo View Post

My cards are factory overclocked and 100% stable at those clocks. I've since bumped it up a bit more, and still 100% stable. Now I can bump it up more and it will work with some games but not others.

I think stability is very important, but you can't make a blanket statement that 100% stability only occurs at ZERO overclock. There's plenty of CPUs and GPUs that are just as stable at factory settings as they are with a 20% overclock.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vperez View Post

Why would you say that? My card is heavily overclocked and I can game for hours with zero problems. Did it take some time to sort out the settings? yes, but so what?

Stable overclocking takes some work, but I personally enjoy doing it and it is free performance.
Quote:

So stop trolling with nonsensical claims like "100% stability is always ZERO overclock" when the issue is you are just bad/lazy/apathetic with respect to overclocking. thumb.gif

Exactly! +rep

I have a big bang house. I had all the materials for my new house brought in and dumped on a vacant lot. I took a stick of dynamite, lit the fuse on fire and tossed it into the pile of materials. BOOM went the explosion and when the dust settled I had a new house! Amazing isn't it? rolleyes.gif

thumb.gif
post #48 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilthran View Post

Also i never liked the fact they use different settings for the cards, they must have their reasons, but still.

If i had to choose from the 3 setups i would choose the 980tis, 4gb in the Fury is not enough.

HardOCP has always been big on the "subjective" side of gaming. It really is useful when you think about actually playing the game vice just comparing benchmarks online. Or at least I seem to think it's useful. It does seem a good portion of the community gets caught up in the numbers comparison rather than the actual game. [H] usually also include the "apples to apples" comparisons for the true objective rating.

post #49 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by criminal View Post

Stable overclocking takes some work, but I personally enjoy doing it and it is free performance.

You enjoy it, I don't. Welcome to life where everyone has opinions.
post #50 of 81 Old 10-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:

You enjoy it, I don't. Welcome to life.
that's why you should never try to compare cards running oc. someone on the internet might complain.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page