post #1011 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite0180 View Post

Why did they put it up just to remove it right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could just be preparing the catalogue additions and someone keeps 'slippin'. It could be somebody at NewEgg trolling. Who knows.

"You are individuals. You are small and you think in small terms." - Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01

5 Million+ Folding at Home points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Forum Folding War 2017 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1013 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm not sure tbh. As long as they don't have the specs up I can't think of a reason why it would be an issue.

"You are individuals. You are small and you think in small terms." - Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01

5 Million+ Folding at Home points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Forum Folding War 2017 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1014 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post

I'm not sure tbh. As long as they don't have the specs up I can't think of a reason why it would be an issue.

They've even released the specs too haven't they? I can't think of a reason retailers can't start putting the cards up on their sites with "Coming Soon" on the listings? Obviously AMD has final say but I can't work out why they would be against it? Just generates more buzz and anticipation for their new card...

10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #1015 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 PM

Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

They've even released the specs too haven't they? I can't think of a reason retailers can't start putting the cards up on their sites with "Coming Soon" on the listings? Obviously AMD has final say but I can't work out why they would be against it? Just generates more buzz and anticipation for their new card...

Gives the perception of a paper launch if it sits at coming soon for a week maybe?

Forceman's Law: Any AMD/Nvidia GPU thread, no matter what the topic, will eventually include a post referencing the GTX 970.
post #1016 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:18 PM

Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Its almost as though there is a professional lobby running an ad campaign against multi-GPU setups, its ridiculous. The massive amount of seemingly coordinated and relentless posting about how useless and terrible SLI/CF is lately seems too orchestrated to be simply spontaneous. What's worse is the more people bang on about it the more others are influenced by the talk and start posting themselves about how terrible it is (even though many of them don't even have or never have had multi-GPU setups). Are there problems with it? Sure, but the advantages still far outweigh any criticisms IMO. For example, if I were looking to spend big money on a video card solution right now I would get a pair of 980Ti's in SLI for $800 a million times before I bought a $700 1080...

Agree. It's the future regardless what the singletons claim. In the not too distant future even single cards will be multi-gpu. Devs will catch up with DX12 and Vulkan and we'll wonder why we stuck with a hardware paradigm from a previous century for so long.
post #1018 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

I still can't think of a definite reason as to why they wouldn't leave it up.

Checking the US site now, I was able to see the VisionTek one.

post #1020 of 1250 Old 06-22-2016, 10:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

Agree. It's the future regardless what the singletons claim. In the not too distant future even single cards will be multi-gpu. Devs will catch up with DX12 and Vulkan and we'll wonder why we stuck with a hardware paradigm from a previous century for so long.

You will hear from me about how bad it is. Every time I used it, it was a mistake.

Ive been saying "maybe this time it will work well" since the x800/6800 days. It has never been "that time" yet. Support has been pretty bad, mGPU tends to age badly, pacing issues... so on and so forth.

HP-UX. I came, I saw, I was sad it would not run on my X86 box.
skull.gif [Official]AMD RX 480/ 470/ 460 Owners Club skull.gif
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page