[TT] Intel confirms Kaby Lake for 2016 launch - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:02 PM
 
lolfail9001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucdan View Post

Has Intel always had a release cycle of ever year? Or did this start to only happen with the start of Sandy Bridge? Their yearly release was probably part of their company's 5 year plan. Either way, they got it done.

Uh, you missed the whole tick tock thing or something?
lolfail9001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:02 PM
PC Gamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Aw yea gimme that 5% performance increase ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Yvese is offline  
post #13 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:03 PM
 
Syan48306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

What the hell!?

Intel seriously quit doing this! I could understand when it was every 12-15 months something new comes out, and even every 9 months you could expect something new, but Skylake was just released like... 4 months ago. This is retarded. mad.gif

It's fine. It's not like Kabby Lake brings anything significantly new to the table. It's not like it's Cannon Lake. rolleyes.gif

Remember? It's Tick Tock Tock, Intel broke the clock.

Syan48306 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:11 PM
self deprecating narcissist
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Aw yea gimme that 5% performance increase ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

I'm sure the standard performance increase will be there. There is more to the platform than cpu performance though. The storage options and external connections have improved a good bit since Z87/Z97. USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3 are pretty wicked, on top of that you get NVME drives and you can start playing with DDR4 instead of crusty ol DDR3.

bigjdubb is offline  
post #15 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Make beats, not war...
 
Swiftes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 7,225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

I'm sure the standard performance increase will be there. There is more to the platform than cpu performance though. The storage options and external connections have improved a good bit since Z87/Z97. USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3 are pretty wicked, on top of that you get NVME drives and you can start playing with DDR4 instead of crusty ol DDR3.

Nothing wrong with DDR3, my Samsung Green shows a lot of DDR4 kits up wink.gif

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Swiftes is online now  
post #16 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 12:26 PM
Overclocker
 
EniGma1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

What the hell!?

Intel seriously quit doing this! I could understand when it was every 12-15 months something new comes out, and even every 9 months you could expect something new, but Skylake was just released like... 4 months ago. This is retarded. mad.gif

bro... Skylake came out in August of last year. That is already 10 months ago from right now and these chips launch in a few more months.
cmpxchg8b likes this.

EniGma1987 is offline  
post #17 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 01:18 PM
 
tamas970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

bro... Skylake came out in August of last year. That is already 10 months ago from right now and these chips launch in a few more months.

I am disappointed otherwise, expected a Kaby+UP chispet launch already at Computex biggrin.gif

Last edited by bombertodd; 06-24-2014 at 03:12 PM.
tamas970 is offline  
post #18 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 PM
 
hhuey5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I hear the max core limit is quad core

Will there be a kabby lake extreme (any news) if 6950x is disliked
hhuey5 is offline  
post #19 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 PM
self deprecating narcissist
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

I hear the max core limit is quad core

Will there be a kabby lake extreme (any news) if 6950x is disliked

Broadwell-E is just now launching, people are still waiting for Skylake-E, so Kabby Lake E is a ways off.

bigjdubb is offline  
post #20 of 199 Old 06-01-2016, 02:11 PM
 
tamas970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhuey5 View Post

I hear the max core limit is quad core

Will there be a kabby lake extreme (any news) if 6950x is disliked

Nope. LGA1151 is max 4c/8t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

Broadwell-E is just now launching, people are still waiting for Skylake-E, so Kabby Lake E is a ways off.
Ah, "E"... Earliest in 2018... I am also skipping this ridiculosly priced Broadwell, either picking up a 2nd-in-the-line Sky-E, or an lga1151/4c cannonlake next year. Those would probably worthy successors for my 4770k without wasting 2k$.
tamas970 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off