HD2400 & HD2600 AGP from sapphire - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
News Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Yes!!! An upgrade for my HTPC!!! Didn't think it was ever going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke go_quote.gif
Where is the Y and Z version... got to add those to fill in the alphabet... whats a few more versions!
Actually, if I was a MB maker, I'd be getting :swearing: and then doh.gif and eek.gif and laugher.gif @ that pile of :turd: concept of marketing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachor View Post
Hey man not everyone here is rich, poor people have feelings too.

But it's still good, they are trying to expand it too a wider market, I don't see the bad in that if you want to sell it to more people.

But you don't none of you own those companies so how should you know if AGP deserves to die.
What the HECK are you talking about? If you have enough money to afford an HD anything card in AGP go and buy a PCI-E MB + Good CPU first, save more before. Then get a good PCIe card. AGP Cards are going to be so bottlenecked by the damn CPU. Unless you get a crappy C2D AGP mobo that will barely oc or stock c lol....

LET AGP DIE. It's just crappy and if you have enough money for these cards you may as well have enough money to get a new cpu + mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolith go_quote.gif
I guess that intel is really serious about competin with itself.
post #23 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 136
Anyone know the price? o.O

Aumotocnic "An unfortunate member of the overclock.net insomnia club"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 04:50 PM
4.0 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternaldj View Post
Anyone know the price? o.O
It's not going to be cheap
MKLAW likes this.

Quote:
post #25 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
I can change this?? Neat!

Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
What the HECK are you talking about? If you have enough money to afford an HD anything card in AGP go and buy a PCI-E MB + Good CPU first, save more before. Then get a good PCIe card. AGP Cards are going to be so bottlenecked by the damn CPU. Unless you get a crappy C2D AGP mobo that will barely oc or stock c lol....

LET AGP DIE. It's just crappy and if you have enough money for these cards you may as well have enough money to get a new cpu + mb.
+1 Rep 4u... I don't care what anyone else says, for the most part the above statement IS true. I have experienced this myself...

I have an AGP system: XP 2500+ / A7N8X-E deluxe mobo / 9600XT / 1GB DDR400 Corsair XMS. I received a VisionTek Radeon X1950Pro AGP 256MB AGP card as a Christmas gift, and said to myself "sweeeet!". Well, turns out it didn't do much compared 3+ year old Radeon 9600XT.

The card was horribly bottlenecked... my MAX frame rate went up a little in some games like HL2/CSS, Doom 3, Quake 4, etc. to around 60-70 FPS in fairly high detail, but the rates were typically around 10-20 most of the time - just like with the 9600XT (max detail also.) So basically I had to set the detail to med-low @ low resolutions just like the old card to make the games playable.

I ended up selling the card on Ebay, and obviously took a price hit being that it was from Best Buy (rip-off city). I felt bad selling a gift from my parents, but it was seriously a waste of money.

Long story short - If you are into newer games, AGP is simply not cost effective. It may cost more to do a complete upgrade or buy a new system, but at least the money is not being wasted.

I think, therefore I am.
- René Descartes

R.I.P. Syrillian

post-flame-small.gifOverclock.net Professionalism Initiative post-flame-small.gif
post #26 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 07:38 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 170
Simply because AGP is still sufficient. However, I think they should simply die out there and they should build on PCI-E.
post #27 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm no longer an Asushole

Liked: 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
+1 Rep 4u... I don't care what anyone else says, for the most part the above statement IS true. I have experienced this myself...

I have an AGP system: XP 2500+ / A7N8X-E deluxe mobo / 9600XT / 1GB DDR400 Corsair XMS. I received a VisionTek Radeon X1950Pro AGP 256MB AGP card as a Christmas gift, and said to myself "sweeeet!". Well, turns out it didn't do much compared 3+ year old Radeon 9600XT.

The card was horribly bottlenecked... my MAX frame rate went up a little in some games like HL2/CSS, Doom 3, Quake 4, etc. to around 60-70 FPS in fairly high detail, but the rates were typically around 10-20 most of the time - just like with the 9600XT (max detail also.) So basically I had to set the detail to med-low @ low resolutions just like the old card to make the games playable.

I ended up selling the card on Ebay, and obviously took a price hit being that it was from Best Buy (rip-off city). I felt bad selling a gift from my parents, but it was seriously a waste of money.

Long story short - If you are into newer games, AGP is simply not cost effective. It may cost more to do a complete upgrade or buy a new system, but at least the money is not being wasted.
What did you expect on a 16" monitor, that's all CPU rendering pretty much.
Do your folks know you sold the card?

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge Participant  6 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #28 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 07:43 PM
4.0 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post

Lol ty, even though I never got it.

Quote:
post #29 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
No problem.

We should equip ourselves with silenced pistols and go around stores shooting every AGP card.
They multiply faster than you can kill them...theres no stopping them!

post #30 of 47 Old 05-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I can change this?? Neat!

Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion View Post
What did you expect on a 16" monitor, that's all CPU rendering pretty much.
Do your folks know you sold the card?
Why would a 16" monitor imply more CPU rendering? A 16" monitor compared to what?

And no, I didn't tell them because I didn't want them to think that they didn't get me a good enough gift for some reason. I can't explain it completely but even though it's a hunk of circuits it's still a sentimental thing to them. Don't ask me why, who knows why anyone's parents think the way they do.

I think, therefore I am.
- René Descartes

R.I.P. Syrillian

post-flame-small.gifOverclock.net Professionalism Initiative post-flame-small.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page