Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
New Zune models, including an 80GB version and one with a Flash-based memory, are expected to be released in time for the holiday shopping season

Microsoft hasn't divulged detailed plans for the next release of its Zune music player, but a company executive last week offered hints that seem to support reports that a flash memory-based Zune and an 80GB device could be in the works.

It hasn't been a matter of if Microsoft plans to expand its Zune product line beyond the several 30GB players it has on the market, it's been a matter of when. At its annual financial analyst meeting last week, Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, said Microsoft plans to "broaden" the Zune brand with new styles, capacity sizes, and price points as well as new features, though he did not reveal the timing of releases or exact product specifications.

Matt Rosoff, an analyst with Directions on Microsoft, said Microsoft is definitely working on a flash memory-based Zune and models with higher capacity than the current 30GB version, but the company has not yet discussed specific details of the forthcoming Zune models.

He also confirmed that Microsoft hopes to get the new Zunes to the market in time for the busy Christmas shopping season, which typically begins in late November. "They're cranking to get them out in time for the holidays," Rosoff said.

In the meantime, several device-centric blogs, including Zune Scene, Whiz Byte, Gadgetell, and others reported that an 80GB Zune code-named Scorpio and a flash memory-based Zune code-named Draco are currently in the works.

Zune Scene also has reported a production snag that could delay the release of the Scorpio device. According to a post on the blog late last week, the production schedule of Scorpio has been delayed due to problems with wiring. The blog also said that production on Scorpio was expected to be completed on Aug. 31 but has now been pushed back to September.
http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...w-Zunes_1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 AM
Your Good Times Are Just Beginning

Liked: 1816

post #3 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:31 AM
3.0ghz

Liked: 11
Please do forgive Microsoft for making a product superiour to an iPod. And Zune sounds a heck of alot better than "iPod".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE

And yes, I do own a Zune. You can't even get them here in Canada so i had to import it from the US with the help of eBay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
And yes, I do own a Zune. You can't even get them here in Canada so i had to import it from the US with the help of eBay.
I bet you bought a zune because of the iPod tax in Canada. I've got a black 5.5G ipod & in my opinion its a bargain.

post #5 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 AM
3.0ghz

Liked: 11
No, I bought a Zune because it's screen is bigger and I prefer Microsoft over Apple. Cost me $230. Still cheaper than an iPod (but that wasn't the point )
post #6 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
No, I bought a Zune because it's screen is bigger and I prefer Microsoft over Apple. Cost me $230. Still cheaper than an iPod (but that wasn't the point )
Its your decision

post #7 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 AM
3.5ghz

Liked: 115
Send a message via MSN to Chris627 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris627
I had a 30 Gig iPod, loved it. It was a breeze transferring files on and off of it.

Quote:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” - Mahatma Gandhi
post #8 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 42
I carry my desktop with me when i want to play music.

Or theres these thing called CD's. I use them sometimes too.

post #9 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Luck++

Liked: 417
Send a message via Skype™ to Licht
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZayat View Post
I bet you bought a zune because of the iPod tax in Canada. I've got a black 5.5G ipod & in my opinion its a bargain.
Evil people make evil things. Hence Ipod is evil.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-31-2007, 10:08 PM
1.7ghz

Liked: 33
The Creative Zen line of mp3 players is the best in my opinion. In terms of price, battery life, quality, and overall coolness.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page