post #51 of 56 Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 PM
☰ Syrillian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
The engine is just that, the engine. It isn't the whole car. You can't be pinning normal wear of non-engine parts on the engine, dude.
You can when they don't exist at all in the competing automobile.

Quote:
Ontop of that, brake pads are normal wear items anyways.
As in another reason for you to pull into the shop twice a year.

Quote:
Also, ever heard of engine braking? Does the same thing as regen in a hybrid/full electric, uses the engine to slow instead of the brakes.
Engine braking huh? Sounds like a wear situation. Does engine braking pour gasoline back into your tank too?

As I said, hydrogen might someday be a viable alternative to batteries in an electric car, but it just doesn't make sense to replace a working ICE with a combusting hydrogen engine with no real benefit.

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 Old 12-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post
Buy American made cars please.
I'll buy an american car as soon as american car companies make a car thats worth a damn.

My family owns two Nissans and one Toyota, all are over 100,000 miles, and only one has had any major work done to it. Our last ford? needed a brand spanking new transmission every 20k miles. screw that.

I did Latty's Linux Challenge and I now love Linux! heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shughard go_quote.gifIt is as if my super model wife (linux) caught me with a 300 pound fat chick (windows 7) trying to have a little fun on the side (gaming).

Famous quotes I live by:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think" -Adolf Hitler

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
post #53 of 56 Old 12-25-2008, 06:34 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 212
The problem with running hydrogen in a piston engine is that the engine needs to be much larger to produce the same amount of power. BMW made a hydrogen powered concept car, the 6L V12 engine that normally makes over 438hp only made 232hp when running on hydrogen. That's a significant drop. If you did this conversion in smaller (1.6-2L) engines. They would make less than 100hp. That's no where near enough to power today's heavy ass cars.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/bmw-h2r.htm

99.999999% of the world listens to autotuned pop singers. If you are part of the 0.000001% who listen to the future goddess of music Hatsune Miku, copy and paste this into your sig. cool.gif
Vocaloid Fanclub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 56 Old 12-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 129
Now only if they made a 1969 Camero Body style to fit that.

E8500 @ 4.5
DD Torture Rack Build Log
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid go_quote.gif
See the deal is confront the cops at a Donut Shop and it totally screws them up.

10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #55 of 56 Old 12-25-2008, 08:02 AM
733mhz

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydyboyd View Post
I hope this "electric" car is powered by hydrogen fuel cells. Otherwise they are just wasting their time and resources.
I beg to differ. If everyone in the world were driving electric cars, pollution (such as CO2 emissions) would be linked to one source: power plants, many of which are coal-based. This can greatly reduce the cost of reducing pollution as governments and businesses are allowed to focus on individual power plants rather than every single car in the world. Also, batteries are reusable, rechargable, in some cases recyclable, and can be improved upon as time progresses. Anyway, just my thoughts

post #56 of 56 Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi View Post
This probably does 0-60 in about 20 seconds with a max of 70. No thanks. I like my fossil fuel, smog emitting truck and sports car, thanks.
I'm with you.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page