[PN] HTC EVO 4G Tortured with Scratch Test - Page 4 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 06-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Buy invisible shield, fix problem permanently. A friend has one and it's amazing. I wish I had one D:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 43
Yeah, my HTC Incredible already has scratches on it

post #33 of 39 Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danylu View Post
Buy invisible shield, fix problem permanently. A friend has one and it's amazing. I wish I had one D:
ugh, I don't like the rubbery texture it has. That's partly why its so resistive to scratches though.

Kind of awkward to slide your finger on something that is grippy

Fiio E10 / Sansa Clip+ RB > Sennheiser HD600 | Sennheiser HD558 | Ultimate Ears UE900 | Sennheiser IE80
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobergump go_quote.gif
Only thing I've broken by playing cs is the barrier to manhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbinator go_quote.gif

Last pair of Skullcandy anything I ever had lasted me all of two weeks and sounded like cats fighting in an aluminum garbage can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg123321 View Post
ugh, I don't like the rubbery texture it has. That's partly why its so resistive to scratches though.

Kind of awkward to slide your finger on something that is grippy
Clarivue, Boxwave, Steinheil are all far superior to Zagg. No grippy feeling and in some cases feel even smoother than the glass on your phone.

post #35 of 39 Old 06-13-2010, 11:41 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 259
Clear Protector, BSE (best Skins Ever) and bodyguardz all are better than invisible shield, and cheaper. They don't have as bad of an orange peel look, and are smoother so your finger slides better
Danylu likes this.

H20 Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ, Feser TFC360 RAD w/ 3 Scythe GT 1850's, MCP-655 D5 Vario, EK Multi-Option Res, Masterkleer 7/16 ID, DD "FatBoy" 1/2 Barbs, Killcoil & Distilled. 28c Idle, 39c Load, Danger Den GTX 480 Nickel+Copper Block. Google CR-48 biggrin.gif

Project HAF Water-Cooled Best Overclock, & There's More to Come http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=491589

camera.gifOfficial OCN Camera Club camera.gif |Nikon D40| |18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR||35mm f/1.8||55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR
post #36 of 39 Old 06-14-2010, 12:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm666 View Post
Look at him, He scratches like a welshman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daney View Post
Looks more like tickling than torture. Most screens are like this nowadays though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmemory View Post
Lol torture. He fails at torturing obviously.

You guys fail at missing the point here, ofcourse if you use a pointy object/metal and put large amout of pressure it'll have scratches no matter what, if you use the same material he use to try to scratch the screen, but with like 200lb-500lb of pressure, ofcourse it'll scratch it.

The whole point he is trying to do is those everyday pressure, like if you place a phone in your pocket with your household key as a roommate, as you walk, the key will keep moving back and forth thus making possible scratch on your phone, or you actually drop a hard object with pointy corner hitting the screen of the phone. or you place your phone back facing up, and lift it the way how card is lifted up (like slide the phone on the edge on the table to pick it up)

if you ever been into those MTA subway in NYC, you notice some of the train had those screen protector in their window to prevent vandalism using acid or pen scratching. those are plastic but pretty tough, you really need to put whole alot of pressure to scratch those.

post #37 of 39 Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 AM

Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoNNeRT View Post
Clarivue, Boxwave, Steinheil are all far superior to Zagg. No grippy feeling and in some cases feel even smoother than the glass on your phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Clear Protector, BSE (best Skins Ever) and bodyguardz all are better than invisible shield, and cheaper. They don't have as bad of an orange peel look, and are smoother so your finger slides better
Never heard of those brands before but the Bodyguardz looks great (can't say the same about Clarivue).

Thanks
post #38 of 39 Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 AM

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post
You guys fail at missing the point here, ofcourse if you use a pointy object/metal and put large amout of pressure it'll have scratches no matter what, if you use the same material he use to try to scratch the screen, but with like 200lb-500lb of pressure, ofcourse it'll scratch it.

The whole point he is trying to do is those everyday pressure, like if you place a phone in your pocket with your household key as a roommate, as you walk, the key will keep moving back and forth thus making possible scratch on your phone, or you actually drop a hard object with pointy corner hitting the screen of the phone. or you place your phone back facing up, and lift it the way how card is lifted up (like slide the phone on the edge on the table to pick it up.
^this. Also, had he used excessive pressure and it cracked, scratched, etc, those same people would say it epic failed and the phone sucked because of it.

post #39 of 39 Old 06-14-2010, 02:05 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danylu View Post
Never heard of those brands before but the Bodyguardz looks great (can't say the same about Clarivue).

Thanks
Another thing to keep in mind is the way the screen protectors are applied. I'm not sure about Bodyguardz and the like, but Steinheil, Boxwave, and Clarivue all use static-clinging for application to the glass screen which is a bit easier than the wet/squeegee method that Phantom Skinz and most others rely on. Also, Steinheil and Boxwave have unanimously good reviews, although Boxwave is a bit more pricey.

I'm personally using the Clarivue anti-glare one and love it; no fingerprints and butter smooth swyping on my Incredible.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page