The "what audio equipment did you buy/get today" thread [56k warning!!] - Page 167 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1661 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrr View Post

Hey guys figured this may be a good place to ask. I have set of speakers that work perfectly but the front mesh covers got attacked by a cat and I was hoping to recover them. What can I use to re-wrap the frames?

For the price of re-doing them yourself, you could probably get some from the manufacturer, they're actually really cheap to replace.

I've seen people use leggings (yoga pants) or tights to replace them, but that stuff is much less acoustically transparent than the stuff that the grilles are made from.

It's like in our minds, we've unlocked the multiplier. We are aware of the matrix.
Phone - Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black Earphones - Shure SE425
Amplifier - Musical Fidelity A3 DAC - Musical Fidelity M1 Speakers - B&W Nautilus 802
Headphone Amplifier - Musical Fidelity M1HPA Headphones - Sennheiser HD650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1662 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 89
I wish I had some tricks dealing with animals or kids with speakers haha

I'll ask around. I know one person will say pfft buy a new family.

post #1663 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 213
Send a message via AIM to Wildcard36qs Send a message via MSN to Wildcard36qs
Yea my wife has been getting on me about child-proofing my speakers and TV. She's like, can't you just drill a hole through the speaker and attach it to the wall? I am like NOOOOOOO. But seriously, what is an easy way to prevent my floorstanders from falling over if a toddler were to knock into it? I could always put a shock collar around my daughter so that whenever she gets close she gets a nice zap...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1664 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Audiophile

my suggestion is to install in-walls in your living room or build a HiFi listening room in a basement or attic bedroom. keep the door shut at all times..

maybe put a turn lock or deadbolt on it when the kids get older.

post #1665 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

Yea my wife has been getting on me about child-proofing my speakers and TV. She's like, can't you just drill a hole through the speaker and attach it to the wall? I am like NOOOOOOO. But seriously, what is an easy way to prevent my floorstanders from falling over if a toddler were to knock into it? I could always put a shock collar around my daughter so that whenever she gets close she gets a nice zap...

Use the spikes at the bottom to bolt them to a heavy plinth.

It's like in our minds, we've unlocked the multiplier. We are aware of the matrix.
Phone - Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black Earphones - Shure SE425
Amplifier - Musical Fidelity A3 DAC - Musical Fidelity M1 Speakers - B&W Nautilus 802
Headphone Amplifier - Musical Fidelity M1HPA Headphones - Sennheiser HD650
post #1666 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 213
Send a message via AIM to Wildcard36qs Send a message via MSN to Wildcard36qs
I would love to do that, but my house is small and space is a luxury. I do have a room in the back all to myself, but my setup is too big for that room. What sucks is that since my daughter is only like 6 months and naps fairly frequently, I can never have the sound up. I do not even have my SVS PB10 hooked up anymore...it is being used as a table of sorts....sigh.

post #1667 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrous View Post

As far as the sound goes, the PL300s are better (IMO) than the 802N and first gen 802D, the current 802 Diamond is a good step up though.

I have 802Ds in the living room, these speakers are for my next bedroom smile.gif. I would like 800Ds but I haven't seen a used pair (can't afford new ones) in about 8 months.

My dream speakers are Wilson Audio MAXXs, can sometimes get them used for £10,000-£15,000 depending on the model, but they're very rare over here and a new pair are about £45,000! frown.gif

Yeah, I have the same problem, just can't afford the 800 series new. I have been giving some thought to finding a part time job at my local B&W dealer to get the discount.

The Wilson Audio's are some that I have not had the opportunity to listen to. I have heard they are amazing though.

Steam Name: NemesisD4wn
Xbox/Windows 10: NemesisD4wn
post #1668 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

I would love to do that, but my house is small and space is a luxury. I do have a room in the back all to myself, but my setup is too big for that room. What sucks is that since my daughter is only like 6 months and naps fairly frequently, I can never have the sound up. I do not even have my SVS PB10 hooked up anymore...it is being used as a table of sorts....sigh.

sell it? headphones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbeard View Post

Yeah, I have the same problem, just can't afford the 800 series new. I have been giving some thought to finding a part time job at my local B&W dealer to get the discount.

The Wilson Audio's are some that I have not had the opportunity to listen to. I have heard they are amazing though.

Wilson speakers are at like every trade show. check for local dealers too.

post #1669 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee1980 View Post

Wilson speakers are at like every trade show. check for local dealers too.

I have been looking for new local dealers. I've been away from the high end audio for awhile and haven't bought anything since I lived in a different city. I'm just now getting back into it so I'm looking for stuff to upgrade to. Mainly researching amps right now. I want to be able to drive whatever I buy.

Steam Name: NemesisD4wn
Xbox/Windows 10: NemesisD4wn
post #1670 of 3159 Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Audiophile

Wilson had a booth at RMAF 2012. they also loaned a pair of Duette bookshelf speakers to the seminar room.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page