Hi there, first post here:
So I reformatted the flash drive to FAT 32, downloaded latest version 1.B and unzipped and saved the files on the root of the flash drive then I deleted the zip file.
I then proceeded to restart with the flash drive plugged in and enter the UEFI .Bios position was left in A as before and then went into M-Flash option. Then selected the flash bios and ME option and followed all the instructions on the screen. Note there was no option to back up bios A.
It then shut down after 5 seconds and rebooted like it said it would and the message popped up "Switch to the failed bios rom B and then press any key to continue". I ignored this message and pressed enter since the A bios was the target bios to update. It then started to update and got stuck at 18% and nothing happened for 5mins. I then reset and it booted up still in the A bios and system is operating normally.
1.Why is it giving me the message of failed bios? this is the first update ever since I assembled the pc and it always booted up with bios A.
2. Should I go ahead and flip the dual bios switch like its asking me to?
3. Should I boot up with B bios and check what it does/what version
3. Why no option to back up A bios
4. Do I really need to update bios if changing the cpu from i5 4670k to i7 4790k. Note that current ver 1.7 in Bios A is no longer supported. Latest is ver 1.B with improved VGA compatibility improvements.
5. Is bios A updateable at all?
6. Im thinking that only bios B can be updated.
Any has experienec with this board??