Forum Jump: 

post #3311 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Pigeon Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Well, consider me a member now. biggrin.gif

That liquid pro stuff was quite a surprise. I wasn't expecting it to behave like mercury. bigeyedsmiley.png

{CPU} i7-7700K @ 5.2/4.8@1.395v {MB} Asus Z270G MATX {Ram} EVGA SuperSC 16GB DDR4 3200 @ 3600
{GPU} Zotac GTX 1080 {Case} TT P3 {PSU} Evga SuperNova 1200W P2 {Fans} Corsair ML120 Pros
{Rads}EKWB XE 360 {Pump} EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 {Blocks} EKWB Nickel Plexi GPU & CPU Blocks
{Monitors} Acer XB270HU (G-Sync) & Asus PB278Q {Keyboard} Corsair K70 Reds {Mouse} EVGA Torq X5 Optical
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3312 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCWargamer View Post

The 3570K I tried would do 4.5GHz stable at 1.3v+ and only OC up to 5GHz at 1.52v and no higher. Not good enough as I already have a 3770K that is better than that.
So, I returned the 3570K to MC today, and they still have the $229 deal going on for the 3770K's today and even had three left! Good thing I went before lunch as they were going fast!
I also picked up some new memory to play with - Kingston Hyper X Predator 2133 - hope they OC good, my Crucial Ballistic Tactical 1866 went up to 2133 before I stopped trying....

Well. if im able to get stable at 5ghz@ 1.52 after liquid pro and temps are not over 85c, i will be very very happy.
post #3313 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 1
Another delidder here! I have to thank this thread for giving guidance (and confidence) to get this done! Unfortunately I did not overclock before the delid, but I did see a 11C drop in loaded temps at stock speeds under Prime95 load. After looking at everything online I figured I would go ahead and delid before even starting to OC. With my custom cooler, my load temps at stock went from 19C to 8C averages on my hottest core. I used Gelid extreme both on die and replaced IHS.
I'm currently in process of OCing CPU, now at 4.9Ghz. I cannot remember voltage setting for my life right now (at work) but I believe it is around 1.3-1.32, but I'm only at 38C max on load so I think I have some more room to go higher. I can only wonder what the temps would of been without delidding, as I've heard at high voltages the stock space/TIM made great coolers ineffective. Again, thank you guys/girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3314 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-br View Post

Well. if im able to get stable at 5ghz@ 1.52 after liquid pro and temps are not over 85c, i will be very very happy.

Good luck2 and you should along eith possible lower vcore. Mess with you pll to see if you can get it.

Overclocks etc, etc (Click to show)
post-flame-small.gif_.=2 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gif 5 GHz Overclock Club 3770K @ 5.5 Ghz post-flame-small.gif

We're tuning things, and we'll be right back
All the best,
Overclock.net
post #3315 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesLucky View Post

Another delidder here! I have to thank this thread for giving guidance (and confidence) to get this done! Unfortunately I did not overclock before the delid, but I did see a 11C drop in loaded temps at stock speeds under Prime95 load. After looking at everything online I figured I would go ahead and delid before even starting to OC. With my custom cooler, my load temps at stock went from 19C to 8C averages on my hottest core. I used Gelid extreme both on die and replaced IHS.
I'm currently in process of OCing CPU, now at 4.9Ghz. I cannot remember voltage setting for my life right now (at work) but I believe it is around 1.3-1.32, but I'm only at 38C max on load so I think I have some more room to go higher. I can only wonder what the temps would of been without delidding, as I've heard at high voltages the stock space/TIM made great coolers ineffective. Again, thank you guys/girls!

38c at 100% load? at that voltage? that would be a great temp. when you get a chance please post a screen shot.

Arch Linux XFCE
Windows 10 enterprise LTSB
post #3316 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Quote:

Great to hear Valgaur! Way to go!!! thumb.gif
question to everyone - is it OK to run mem chips beyond 1.65v on a Z77 without any special cooling?

Yeah, you can go all the way up to 1.82v safely on most ram sticks even without heatsinks. Not all ram chips scale past 1.7v (like some Samsung chips, hyk0, hch9 to name a few), and some need cold to go further (like Elpida BBSE/Hypers, up to 2v lol)

So ivanlabrie, your are saying that 1.82v is safe - wow, did not think about going that high unless something was cooling something better than normal!

How about vccsa? I was thinking going up to 1.1v, but is 1.2v, or even 1.25v OK on a regular Z77 (sabertooth) without anything special for it too?

Also, anything else I can adjust in Asus BIOS to bring my ram to their highest? And should I run under XMP or manual and do my own timing?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King4x4 View Post

Well my cpu officially down under.

Got me 5.4ghz before dying..... was well worth the price to see these numbers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear about the great OC, but sad about your chip.... Did you get a validation before it died?

Quote:

Glad we are here to help OC'ers like you!!! thumb.gif

> One can always learn more......smile.gif
To be is to do – Socrates
To do is to be – Sartre
To be or not to be – Shakespeare
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra
post #3317 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

38c at 100% load? at that voltage? that would be a great temp. when you get a chance please post a screen shot.

Will Do! Hope I'm right about my voltage and not too far off, but I am confident about the temp for 4.9Ghz. BTW I have a 8000btu AC chilling my liquid loop.
post #3318 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Intel Overclocker

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Liked: 342
Send a message via Skype™ to ivanlabrie
Quote:

So ivanlabrie, your are saying that 1.82v is safe - wow, did not think about going that high unless something was cooling something better than normal!
How about vccsa? I was thinking going up to 1.1v, but is 1.2v, or even 1.25v OK on a regular Z77 (sabertooth) without anything special for it too?
Also, anything else I can adjust in Asus BIOS to bring my ram to their highest? And should I run under XMP or manual and do my own timing?
Thanks!
Good to hear about the great OC, but sad about your chip.... Did you get a validation before it died?

1.82v for benching, for 24/7 I wouldn't pass the 1.7v mark for dram voltage.
As for Vccsa/imc volts, be careful, you can degrade your cpu integrated memory controller. I'd say 1.15v to be extra safe.
You don't really need to touch vccsa/imc or vccio/vtt normally, Ivy's imc is top notch!
If your ram settings don't boot or are unstable the cause is most likely a bad sub timing configuration or lack of vdimm/dram.
PCWargamer likes this.
post #3319 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 PM

Liked: 98
Quote:

Will Do! Hope I'm right about my voltage and not too far off, but I am confident about the temp for 4.9Ghz. BTW I have a 8000btu AC chilling my liquid loop.

lol well then, temps are ALOT different for you then.

Arch Linux XFCE
Windows 10 enterprise LTSB
post #3320 of 34182 Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Quote:

Thanks!

1.82v for benching, for 24/7 I wouldn't pass the 1.7v mark for dram voltage.
As for Vccsa/imc volts, be careful, you can degrade your cpu integrated memory controller. I'd say 1.15v to be extra safe.
You don't really need to touch vccsa/imc or vccio/vtt normally, Ivy's imc is top notch!
If your ram settings don't boot or are unstable the cause is most likely a bad sub timing configuration or lack of vdimm/dram.

Thanks for your help ivanlabrie as always!

+Rep thumb.gif

> One can always learn more......smile.gif
To be is to do – Socrates
To do is to be – Sartre
To be or not to be – Shakespeare
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page