2600K 4.5 1.344,1.352,1.360 NH-D14 - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 52 Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I'll try your suggestion later, I cant get past windows loading without enabling internal pll. with -0.005 offset 45x ultra high llc. even with +0.1 45x high llc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

I left my PC and when I came back after a couple of hours, I saw my HW recorded a minimum of 0.352v VCORE and a max of 1.360v. i am currently @4.5. Im not idling because i have some programs in taskbar. Cstates maybe?
post #23 of 52 Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushFudge View Post

I left my PC and when I came back after a couple of hours, I saw my HW recorded a minimum of 0.352v VCORE and a max of 1.360v. i am currently @4.5. Im not idling because i have some programs in taskbar. Cstates maybe?

It is recommended that you keep cstates enabled as they run the sata controller not to sure on this tho, I wouldnt use HW to record your voltages pos in my opinion use cpuz and coretemp to work out what you need while running prime95 blend. If you are happy with the oc you have atm just blend prime for 24 hrs then maybe 100 runs with intelburn test.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 52 Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
1.3ghz

Liked: 166
My current overclock:
5ghz
+.285 Offset
Turbo LLC
1.6v PLL (1.5 seemed to cause errors, when i raised it to 1.6 those errors seemed to not occur anymore)
1.00/.875 VTT/IMC respectively (1.05/.925 is stock, i just drop 3 .05 notches on both together since i think they are related somehow, when i dropped 3 more on both to .985/.860 i had issues so brought it back to 1/.875).

Reducing PLL, VTT, and IMC voltage reduced my temps, maybe altogether like 2-6*C? I'm not sure exactly... but I don't think it was significant at all. It was just me being a perfectionist more than anything, i could have ran 10*c hotter just fine.

There are limited reports that reduced PLL voltage has increased stability for people.... but for all i know those guys had something else going on, you know.

you should definitely do custom blend instead of that one fft length. There are many, many other ffts that are very hard on ivy bridge. you really need to run prime95 at ~23+ hours to be stable (custom blend, make sure no whea errors).

Dont use ultra high llc. Unless you got a digilta multimeter to tell you best, use the 2nd highest LLC setting. What going to happen with ultra high, is your temps will likely be higher, and while the voltage offset you need might be lower, your true voltage will be way higher. Most likely, your software won't tell you that your voltage is higher (your software is not even close, as it's an average, so when your board is going up in voltage it's common it might just say your voltage is going down). Just use the 2nd highest LLC setting and use the lowest voltage setting you can from there.

If you got a multimeter though, by all means, see the lowets voltage you can be stable on each llc setting, compare, use the best llc setting. Though 99% of the time, it's the 2nd highest setting...
post #25 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

Ultra high is the 2nd highest coz Extreme is the highest, 3rd highest is High then medium and standard.. thats on my p8z68 asus mobo.
Woah, i dont have the courage to modify any voltages other than the vcore and pll. i dont even know if lowering the pll voltage will affect my 2600k even at the least. because i really want to use this rig for well at least 3 years, coz it was only given, cant afford it biggrin.gif im not stressing right now, cpuz hw realtemp and aida64 were running, and some other programs. im only using hw because i think its the only one who can record the minimum vcore out of those 4. because i am not always looking at cpuz aida64 and realtemp as a im working on our thesis biggrin.gif
post #26 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 11:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6212

Using a lower CPU PLL Voltage has the possibility of enabling you to lower your core voltage without really affecting the stability that much.

Quote:

I'll try your suggestion later, I cant get past windows loading without enabling internal pll. with -0.005 offset 45x ultra high llc. even with +0.1 45x high llc

Then leave Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled.

Quote:

Are those programs doing anything though?

I don't know if what you're seeing is normal, but so far it seems like nothing bad is happening.  I would say that you are right about the C-states.  This is probably C3 or C6.

Semi-Classic Firefox Add-ons Manager (CSS script)

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #27 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

i am just using, during that time, windows media player, itunes, vlc, chrome with many tabs, explorer, visual studio 2010, sql server 2005, and those 4 monitoring softwares.
yeah might be those c-states that makes a sudden drop in voltage once in a while, one time it dropped like 0.255. LOL
post #28 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

You must be getting more accurate readings than most people.  The C3 state is a very low-power state and C6 is where there's no voltage being used at all.  So, C6 is basically where the CPU is sleeping (not to be confused with Sleep Mode).

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #29 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
*cough* Stock *cough*

HW recorded another minimum voltage of 0.352v. I don't know if I should believe that. Sometimes AI Suite II is warning me of a voltage drop < 1v on the 12V. Is AI Suite II that reliable in terms of voltage readings? Because I think, there is no problem with my psu here. Or am I day-dreaming?
post #30 of 52 Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

HW recorded another minimum voltage of 0.352v. I don't know if I should believe that. Sometimes AI Suite II is warning me of a voltage drop < 1v on the 12V. Is AI Suite II that reliable in terms of voltage readings? Because I think, there is no problem with my psu here. Or am I day-dreaming?

Not with that PSU.  You have a very good unit there.

Anyway, software in general is not trustworthy to read PSU voltages.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page