3570k + H100 Temps - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys,

I hope im posting this thread in the right area. So anyways before i start ill give you my comp spec

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case
3570k currently oc'ed to 4.4 at 1.275vcore
Corsair H100 Push pull config with 4 Cougar 120mm
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
G.Skill Ares 1866 PC 14900 (16 gigs of ram)
Corsair 750 TX v2 80+
AMD HD Radeon 6970 2gig with Accelero Extreme 3 after market cooler on it (triple fan) OC'ed to (980 core clock 1500 mem clock 1.280v)
2x 128gig XPG SX900 ADATA SSD's in RAID 0

So basically my issue is im curious wether my temps for my oc and my cooler and case that i have is around accurate because somtimes i feel as if i maybe got a bad chip? or maybe my room and case temp is just to hot im not sure but i did have my 3570k at 4.5 a while ago but i had the vcore at 1.315 to even get it stable and all power saving options off and it would idle in the 40's now i have it at 4.4Ghz at 1.276vcore with all power saving options on and turbos turned off

at the current 4.4 is idles anyone from like 28-30 when im asleep and the air from the window the case is by is actually cold and when im browsing multi tasking with no game running its 35c-42c+ and gaming its like 48-55-69-72

and on OCCT, Prime 95, Intel Burn test my cpu will spike anyone from like 70's 80's really fast and i dont even try to test on IBT cause it spikes to 90's real fast i dont understand but i feel like im doing somthing wrong aha

I have a touch screen fan controller for my 4 120mm coolermaster sickle fans on my side panel and i have the temp sensors just sitting at the bottom of the case and it reads on my fan controller the inside of that case where they're sitting is 35c which is 95f which seems hot for the amount of fans and case... but my room temp is pretty friggin hot as well i would say at night its like 25-28-30c ambient

long story short ive reseated the H100 many times cleaned the rad out for the most part i know how to build a pc pretty well but i would say my oc skills are average is there anyone out there that has my processor and my cooler with my same motherboard that cause kinda give me a guide with overclocking this processor with the h100 i still dont quite understand offset or how it works

And on a side note my whole case is on my table right beside a window that is constantly on so i mean it is summer but these temps seem CRAZY for my case the amount of fans that are on it and my cooler

heres a pic of my current setup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 65
<< 48-55-69-72 >> that's way too far a spread on temps across the cores -- suspect poor mount????
Did you use the TIM that was pre-installed? Should have, its great TIM specifically made for the H100 by Dow Corning. My experience with several leading silver-based TIMs wasn't good. Went to a non-silver based TIM and all is well; used some old Thermalright Chill Factor.

Bill Bartuska: Overclocking is a slow and methodical process of failures, often accompanied by cold sweats in the dark of the night, then you succeed.

█▓▒█▓♦ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club ♦█▓▒█▓
post #3 of 7 Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
no no sorry ahah what i meant is thats what all 4 range from depending on what im doing like ill be playing it will drop in certain areas to 48 or in heavier ares to mid 60's and at worse in this summer heat ive seen it hit 70 on all but just for like a matter of a couple seconds

and also when i built this i was reading up on the paste and at that time alot of people said to just take it off and use some arctic silver 5 etc.. right now i have a pee sized drop in the middle of Arctic cooling MX-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-11-2013, 11:56 PM

Liked: 99
running 4.6ghz at 1.25v vcore and extreme settings LLC (only ran a couple of hours for stability not done tweaking yet) but my highest core is at 79c with Prime 95 custom blend tests.

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 12:08 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 3
I would use the artic 5 , on a side note I spreed the paste with a credit card very thin coat make sure no bubbles ect
post #6 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 12:10 AM

Liked: 99
from what I heard the thermal compound that comes with the H100i is Shin Etsu not sure if the h100 comes with ti as well.

.-[SandyBridge]-.
.5ghz Pl+s Club.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
If I motor boat, she gonna motorbike

Liked: 550

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page