post #272 of 315 Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 120
That one is good too. Most people going for 750 get something like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703008

Keeping in mind that there is a lot of good psu out there. Read reviews and try to find the best one for the price you want to pay. We also have a psu section here in this forum. It's alright to open one there and ask. Your replies will be much faster.

post #273 of 315 Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 PM
1.3ghz

Liked: 6
PCP & C is a great company for reputable psu's (the link above is a good example). But generally, a good stable psu will cost you a pretty penny. May I ask what you plan to use your pc for?

Hooray no more dial up!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 315 Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

Liked: 4
alot of video editing and encoding, and capturing.

and with hte graphics card i have, maybe abit of gaming. and 3D rendering (once i know how to make wicked modles on 3dS Max 7 which i have!!! waaah).

may i ask, is there a 2 plug PSU with the same specs and gurantees like the ones above being linked?

post #275 of 315 Old 03-23-2007, 08:57 AM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX22 View Post
umm fill in your system specs

if its the one in the picture it looks like its missing the northbridge cooler and it looks odd, i am thinking it almost looks like it was used for phase or something along those lines maybe it just loks like it use to have some ccoating or something on it

i dont know why they would say untested, that doeesnt sound good either, anyways good luck
Oh boy! Youre skaring the guy dude, stop scaaring hiiim.... anyway dude, that is why it is best when you buy it new, never ever buy parts, 20 or 30 dollars more sometimes mean waranty and security, even the little cozy feeling you get knowing that your parts are new rather than not knowing what they have been exposed to.

post #276 of 315 Old 03-24-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

i dont think i have ought parts htat cheap, except for the coolers, which are priced in the average.

may i ask, is there a 2 plug PSU with the same specs and gurantees like the ones above being linked?

also, dont worry, i am aware of what u mean. precautions all the time.

anyone?

post #277 of 315 Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

well, i thinki am definatly take the iGreen power supply, as it seems something i am looking for.

but for now, since i have all my parts, i just want to test them, thus needing a power supply for temporary using.

i am looking at this 420W PSU here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Levicom-PSU-Po...QQcmdZViewItem

do u think 420W will be okay for now? or enough?

post #278 of 315 Old 04-15-2007, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

hey everyone! i got some news after for awhile not even visiting here.

as i have mentioned i awhile ago, i have hte parts i need, but i had a couple of minor problems as the socket of the previous Intel Celeron D didnt match the motherboard, so i went ahaead to just buy an OEM 775 Celeron D CPU which is now perfect, and that i have a good enough power supply unit to handle and a good graphics card.

and not to forget to mention, as i had 2 NB coolers, i went ahead to open the ThermalTake Extreme Spirit-II and left the Noctua NC-U6 unopened.

i had to look for a tiny hard drive in my house enough to install windows XP,, but i had one already that was preinstalled so i used that one and all connections where IDE not SATA, that i will come later.

the cables of the powersupply unit always got in the way and that really worried me and frustrated me as to such implicity. but in any way, i connected everything.

and after this and htat, it came to the moment of truth. i flicked the switched on the PSU and i saw a blue light lit up in the motherboard. and then it was time to push the button.

pushed the button.

everything came on. but had to quickly switch it off as we quickly realized the fan wasnt spinning. thus i did. and as i mentioned the power cables got in the way. and again pushed it back on. it spins.

on the monitor, it read 'Overclock failed!.....System Haulted.' and i quickly switched it off, as to my realization, the previous owner used it for overclocking precisely.

so i turned it back on but entered the bios and loaded the default settings, Exit and Save Changes.

and the computer restarted and it seems it had gome past the point of no return. and it restarted again. however i saw this as a good sign, as it booted up with no problem but didnt go to the OS, which is precisely why we put in a XP SP2 CD in and pressed the 'R' key to repair the system. after a 30mins wait, it finshed after it said 39mins.

and thus Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 loaded up.

Hooray?

i think so, i have waited for sooo many months just to know that this motherboard after suggestions that it doenst work actually does work! and with the RAM i entered deemed to be one of my problems that i think it wasnt going to work as because of the compatibility list.

and about the Dielectric Grease, it seems it didnt kill it, it seems to have protected it!

my story of my experience to find out that this untested motherboard i have won from eBay after months works afterall. not knowing exactly now what to do.

Cheers. but not the end

post #279 of 315 Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
2.4ghz

you lot are free to say what u want after this bit you know on what u think as well.

can someone help me whether to keep the board or not? cause before i had in mind to sell the motherboard if it did work, but due to the unexpressive happiness, i have having second thoughts.

remmeber, i got it without a Nb cooler, now that i have two and the board is slick with Dielectric grease, to which i was told, it would kill it? and htat it was used for overclocking as well, or maybe extreme OCing.

did it shorten the lifespan of the motherboard? or only the componenets htat are on it? like the CPU and memory which ar the ones htat gets drained?

post #280 of 315 Old 04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis_Non_Sufficit View Post
you lot are free to say what u want after this bit you know on what u think as well.

can someone help me whether to keep the board or not? cause before i had in mind to sell the motherboard if it did work, but due to the unexpressive happiness, i have having second thoughts.

remmeber, i got it without a Nb cooler, now that i have two and the board is slick with Dielectric grease, to which i was told, it would kill it? and htat it was used for overclocking as well, or maybe extreme OCing.

did it shorten the lifespan of the motherboard? or only the componenets htat are on it? like the CPU and memory which ar the ones htat gets drained?

i think you will be fine, its a great mobo, goes up to extreme fsb speeds, and the person before you must have used phase on the northbridge, so i dont think you have to worry

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page