What's the most stable OC speed can I achieve w/ C2D 6300 with stock cooling? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2006, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ok ppl i'm just scratching my head at the fact that i simply haven't been able OC my system. here's the spec:
1) Abit ab9 pro mobo
2) EVGA 7600GT card
3) Win Xp SP2
4) Intel Core 2 duo 6300

i've read and read ton of material on oc'ing. and of course i'm as confused as ever, so i ask all of you who're smarter than me (and there are a lot of ppl!) couple of things:

1: what brand of RAM would allow me to achieve max OC? I've seen Corsair on a lot of ppl's profile, so would that be it?
2: if i didn't want to bother with special cooling, what stable oc speed can i achieve w/ C2D 6300?
3: if i do need to invest in after market cooling, what would be good price to value brand?

ppl i thank everyone in advance for reading my post!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Well, often you have up the voltage to your CPU core or memory to get up in frequency, but I can tell you with my P5B-deluxe and E6400, I've gotten to 3.3GHz on stock cooling. Its "stable" but it gets to 80C under TAT load!! So I run it much lower to keep temps reasonable.

So, good ram is key, but even cheap ram rated for something higher than DDR533 should be able to do mild overclock easily. If you're really having trouble OC'ing, start with something really small like an FSB of 300MHz, then 333MHz.... Have you read the FAQs on this website?

CPU-Z: Coming soon

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page