Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
Y3K
1.3ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have 2 Pentium 4 CPUs that i currently have.

One is a Pentium 4 2 Ghz. and the other is a P4 Cel 2.7 Ghz.

Now I'm not sure what core name either of these use. So maybe you guys can tell me whats better out of the two.

For the P4 2GHZ, Im not sure if its a Northwood, or willamette. Also, i dont know anything regarding the 2.7 Ghz cele.
Now, im not @ home currently and im on 14 K dial-up. So I downloaded CPUID, that took almost 30 mins to download. THEN i was going to transfer to the only mass storage USB device i had, which was my SD Card reader for my digital camera. But i dropped it and now its broken... >.<

But, anyways. here are the readings on both CPUs.

Intel P4
2A GHZ/512/400/1.5V
SL68R

Cele P4
2.700GHZ/128/400
SL77S

Now the nice thing is that iv'e overclocked both CPUs to where they are both stable. The P4 2GHZ ive gotten to 2.56 Ghz. and the Cele 2.7GHZ ive gotten to 3.33 and upwards, but the darn thing gets too hot compared to the 2GHZ.
Any opinions to what to use?

-Straight to the moon...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff

Liked: 1387
I'd personally say the Celeron only based off clock speeds. I'd say to use the Celeron and just get a better cooler for it, clock that baby higher (Celery's love to overclock), and be happy with it . The 2.5GHz P4....if that's the max it can get, man I'd go for the Celery any day. The only way you'd notice a slow down would be cache dependant programs.....but other than that the raw MHz you can get out of that Celeron would outrank and P4 at a MUCH slower clock.

I'm tired, that may not have made any sense. If somebody can clarify what I just said, that'd be sweet, lol.
Y3K likes this.

Funny Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian 
...I just ran in and... started ripping off the clothes I had on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom 
A GTX 580 is like a bear. AA or "small bunnies" don't really hurt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio831 
Syrillian - Heroes get remembered, but legends never die!
How To: Install Car Audio to a PC Power Supply
¡¡¡ʍʇɟ qn1ɔ uoıʇɐıɔǝɹddɐ 939 ʇǝʞɔos ǝɥʇ
♫The♪Official♪Car♪Stereo♪Club♫
Pioneerisloud's 92 Prelude Si Build Log!!!!

3 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #3 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
I'd personally say the Celeron only based off clock speeds. I'd say to use the Celeron and just get a better cooler for it, clock that baby higher (Celery's love to overclock), and be happy with it . The 2.5GHz P4....if that's the max it can get, man I'd go for the Celery any day. The only way you'd notice a slow down would be cache dependant programs.....but other than that the raw MHz you can get out of that Celeron would outrank and P4 at a MUCH slower clock.

I'm tired, that may not have made any sense. If somebody can clarify what I just said, that'd be sweet, lol.
in this case i think regardless the celery would win because most of the 2GHz and < Pentium 4s we're willamette(sp?), and they sucked. lol. Use the celery, grab a decent cooler, oc it and use it as you back up rig

edit: it's a Northy. since the celery OCs better go w/ that. If you can OC the P4 better go for that.
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL68R.html
Y3K likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Y3K
1.3ghz

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
in this case i think regardless the celery would win because most of the 2GHz and < Pentium 4s we're willamette(sp?), and they sucked. lol. Use the celery, grab a decent cooler, oc it and use it as you back up rig

edit: it's a Northy. since the celery OCs better go w/ that. If you can OC the P4 better go for that.
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL68R.html
Thanks guys!! Yea, Thats exactly what its going to be used for is my back-up rig, and a media server.

-Straight to the moon...

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page