E3110 Xeon on EVGA 680i board advice - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm hunting for some advice- or better yet some bios screenies- to get this machine over 3.6. I'm stable at 375 fsb- 3.38 currently. I've tried several different voltages- and combinations of things that worked great with my 660 over 4ghz(I could actually run windows over 4.5 easily on air before getting the xeon chip). But it's either this immature bios(P32) i had to install to run wolfdale- or the cpu itself- that it begins to misbehave over 375fsb.

I keep hearing so many conflicting stories about what voltage to feed the xeon- I've kept it around 1.21 so far. bios reads it at 1.20 actual. I've tried raising that a little at a time and no luck to 1.35 setting so i don't think volts is the problem.

I notice this board likes the linked/synced settings enabled- but the dividers seem all wrong for a 1333 cpu and 800 ram in combination. I'm either running at 667 ram speed- or it's trying to push 1000+. My mushkin tests good till 930-ish and i'm pretty sure thats all it's gonna do without blueing the heatsinks on them lol. My point is I have to run unlinked to try and gain something there but when i do it hangs at post. sometimes it will post then lose the video at windows loading, or not detect hard drives, or just plain go blank and i'm resetting the cmos jumper again. of note- i never had to touch the cmos jumper ever before i got this cpu...........

In the past i've always had intel chipsets and intel cpu's. This is my first nvidia based board and it's been fun- yet i'm a bit confused about all the functions and settings on this board. Maybe someone can explain some of it to me- i'm a quick study and always willing to listen.

BTW I don't expect any one person to answer all this in a single post lol. Just chime in if ya have something relevant or informational- and i'd like to hear explanations of why i should i.e. raise mcp volts to 1.8! i'm not a complete noob but i like to know why things are the way they are. i've got to gain a knowlege of nvidia based chipsets if i'm ever to buy another hehe.

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page