E5300 overclockers club - Page 6 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #51 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'll definitely reseat the HSF. But then, I would need to apply some thermal compound...right? (Great, I have none of that...blah.)

Can anybody recommend me a good (preferably cheap) HSF? With one condition: I do *not* want to remove my mobo! I've seen a lot of reviews saying that mobos had to be removed and the HSF mounted from the bottom of the mobo. I do not want to go through that process, and want something I can mount without removing my mobo.

I'm using the Lanbox Lite mATX case, if that matters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdoug View Post
I'll definitely reseat the HSF. But then, I would need to apply some thermal compound...right? (Great, I have none of that...blah.)

Can anybody recommend me a good (preferably cheap) HSF? With one condition: I do *not* want to remove my mobo! I've seen a lot of reviews saying that mobos had to be removed and the HSF mounted from the bottom of the mobo. I do not want to go through that process, and want something I can mount without removing my mobo.

lol dude you dont need remove mobo simply put ur pc horizontaly remove hsf take off cpu clean hsf and cpu with 100% alcohol or spirit,insert cpu back lock it put some thermal compound in it and reseat hsf its simple process

Quote:
E5300 @ 4.016 GHZhttp://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1229309Life playa glasses.gif
post #53 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM
1.3ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyka View Post
lol dude you dont need remove mobo simply put ur pc horizontaly remove hsf take off cpu clean hsf and cpu with 100% alcohol or spirit,insert cpu back lock it put some thermal compound in it and reseat hsf its simple process
by my self i bought some thermal grease for 2 bucks lol 0.5g working like charm max temps 59 on full load

Quote:
E5300 @ 4.016 GHZhttp://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1229309Life playa glasses.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
333mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyka View Post
I know the process for installing a new HSF, but, some reviews I found for certain HSF's mention it being much easier to install with the mobo removed.

Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185093

A lot of those reviewers say it's easy if the mobo is removed from the case...and that's something I do not want to have to do. (And, I've ruled out this HSF because of it.)

So, I'm looking for a good/cheap HSF that is easer than the one above to install.

post #55 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 02:50 PM
1.3ghz

Quote:
I know the process for installing a new HSF, but, some reviews I found for certain HSF's mention it being much easier to install with the mobo removed.

Here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185093

A lot of those reviewers say it's easy if the mobo is removed from the case...and that's something I do not want to have to do. (And, I've ruled out this HSF because of it.)

So, I'm looking for a good/cheap HSF that is easer than the one above to install.
erm just use the one which you got stock when you bought ur cpu i guess .well standart s775 hsf is werry easy to instal and does good job if overclock not 2 much and voltages not more than 1.4v i think.

Quote:
post #56 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by spakkker View Post
Well, no they don't ...they are all different, good ones get made into higher spec. cpu's and not so good ones into lesser spec cpu's .
I don't think you will get 2 exactly identical cpu's. To add to the interest same monel m/boards are each different as well!!
LOL dude...what you are saying is a given but are you really going to start an argument about this? and for what? a 200Mhz difference between the lowest and the best E5x00 overclocker? (excluding the suicide OCs)

Besides...there isn't enough data on the E5300 to support your statement...most result are for the E5200 because it was basically a cheaper and slightly slower version of the same chipset not to mention much cheaper than the E5300 at the time of it's release....just like the E8200 and E8600 right now....same chipset...180USD difference

post #57 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No...i won't recommend you a better HSF unless you are willing to pay 50-60 USD for a good one but then...if you are going to buy one that expensive, you are aiming for a 4Ghz+ OC...

the stock intel HSF is actually a good one but the quality of the thermal past on it is crap...even then...its good enough for an average of 1Ghz overclock to 3.6Ghz so imagine its potential with a good Thermal Paste...you can probably get 3-5C less than the usual Core temp

just buy a good quality thermal paste...any PC store sells them...clean the surface of both the CPU and the HSF with Isotropy alcohol and then apply the thermal past to the -center- of the CPU surface using the dot method (Google it or youtube it) and you are done..its really easy and effective

Note: after applying the thermal past...mount the HSF -vertically- so the center of the HSF touches the thermal dot with a slight vertical push

post #58 of 1688 Old 01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
333mhz

I'll order some thermal paste and give the stock one another shot.

Wish I didn't live in a small town. I'd like to do this tonight. Instead, I guess I'll have to order from Newegg or something.

Arctic Silver 5 is a good choice, right?

post #59 of 1688 Old 01-23-2010, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll order some thermal paste and give the stock one another shot.

Wish I didn't live in a small town. I'd like to do this tonight. Instead, I guess I'll have to order from Newegg or something.

Arctic Silver 5 is a good choice, right?
that or the mx2 from the same company are getting positive reps

post #60 of 1688 Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

bump

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page