Overclocking Intel Celeron - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I want to overclock my CPU,what I need for these and how I do that?
I have Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz

Sorry for my bad english!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 05:34 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 324
Please fill out your system specs under the "user cp" tab on the top left of the main page. We need this info to give you good information.

Stinger Slingers V5
insanity reigns
It's better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
There is more to life than increasing its speed. - Mahatma Gandhi...guess he's not a member of Overclock.net
Kickin avatar by "Crash"....biggrin.gif

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Fold for team 37726

Liked: 531
Also, check out the Intel overclocking guide that's linked in my signature. Assuming you have an overclockable motherboard, that will be a very useful resource for you.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

25 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

Can You tell me now?
Taeric what You mean overclockable motherboard?

post #5 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Audiophile/Car lover

Liked: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenser
Can You tell me now?
Taeric what You mean overclockable motherboard?
some motherboards have there BIOS settings locked, thus not allowing you to change settings to overclock anything..

take a look through this--->http://www.overclock.net/overclock.p...uide-intel.htm

Like cars? Carforum!
How to choose the right fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsMassive go_quote.gif
what is " folding " ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by ressurrectin go_quote.gif
When you take an old graphics card and effectively 'fold' it in half, in order to remove the chip.This process takes alot of power.

Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

post #6 of 8 Old 02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Fold for team 37726

Some motherboards have a variety of settings that permit stable overclocking. Many others lock out some or all of those features, greatly limiting (or eliminating) the ability to overclock.

The easiest way to tell which category your motherboard falls under is to reboot and go into the BIOS. If there are options for setting frequencies (CPU, RAM, PCI, AGP), voltages, and RAM timings, you're in good shape. I'm not familiar with your P4B, so I can't assess how overclockable your mobo is. My advice is to check out your BIOS and carefully read the Intel overclocking guide. Once you do so, feel free to post back with any questions you might have.

Help us help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, the For Sale / Wanted Section Rules, the Online Deals Guidelines, and the Appraisal Forum Rules. Also, list your system specs in your User CP.
If you PM me - Please use a descriptive subject and be patient. I get A LOT of PMs, and there's only so much time in the day to reply to them all.
Helpful tips - Be sure to visit the Site News forum frequently and read announcements and stickies. If you don't keep up with these, you WILL miss out on important info.
Useful links - Overclock.net Professionalism Initiative, Folding FAQ, and Downloads...

post #7 of 8 Old 02-09-2006, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
Commodore 64

What meens this messages in Prime95
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected,consult stress.txt file.
Execution halted.
Choose Test/Continue to restart

post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Fold for team 37726

That message means there is some form of instability in your system. Run Memtest86 to see if it's a RAM issue. If that software runs through a couple of tests with no errors, it's most likely a CPU issue.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page