[Official] The Sandy Stable Club **Guides, Voltages, Temps & BIOS Templates** Inc SPREADSHEET - Page 845 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #8441 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Commodore 64

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
When doing a Prime 95 test and one of the workers fail, does that mean my chip needs an increase in voltage? (Aiming for 4.5Ghz)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8442 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Its cool do what you want. I just feel that if a cpu can run at said voltage under load then it definitely should be able to also when idle.
When you set the voltage in the bios you are setting the idle. I always try to get the voltage to stay constant when loaded. But yes I have heard some things about llc as well. I normally run it a bit below the highest level.
But I don't know much about gigabytes 1155 bios's. I only had one board at launch and returned it as I didn't like it. (this was before they finally got uefi.)

Currently got it at 1.296v load and 1.320 idle. With LLC at 5 and bios volt 1.28.

Well the board uses normal bios, but you have the option to use "TouchBIOS" aka Windows BIOS that looks like UEFI.
post #8443 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

Quote:

Its cool do what you want. I just feel that if a cpu can run at said voltage under load then it definitely should be able to also when idle.
When you set the voltage in the bios you are setting the idle. I always try to get the voltage to stay constant when loaded. But yes I have heard some things about llc as well. I normally run it a bit below the highest level.
But I don't know much about gigabytes 1155 bios's. I only had one board at launch and returned it as I didn't like it. (this was before they finally got uefi.)

Currently got it at 1.296v load and 1.320 idle. With LLC at 5 and bios volt 1.28.

Well the board uses normal bios, but you have the option to use "TouchBIOS" aka Windows BIOS that looks like UEFI.

So does gigabyte still not have a true UEFI? sheesh why not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8444 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 77
Quote:

So does gigabyte still not have a true UEFI? sheesh why not.

My Specific board doesnt. But Im sure other newer boards do.

Question does EIST work with Fixed voltage? I currently have it enabled and idle volt is 1.296v instead of 1.320 (or it may be caused by C1/C3/C6)
post #8445 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codycjd View Post

When doing a Prime 95 test and one of the workers fail, does that mean my chip needs an increase in voltage? (Aiming for 4.5Ghz)

Prime errors can be caused by anything---Vcore, PLL, QPI/VTT/VCCIO, RAM timing/speed/voltage.

Fortunately you can likely correct it by increasing Vcore alone. But that may not be necessary, so if you want to avoid the extra heat produced by higher voltages then you can first try to increase memory timings, or reduce memory speed (there will be almost no impact on performance by making small changes).
post #8446 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rops84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Using offset voltage, I have SpeedStep enabled as well as C1E. I disabled C3, C6 and Package C State Support. I shouldn't run into any issues correct? I'm at 5Ghz 18 hours Prime95 26.6 custom blend stable with 90%+ RAM.

I don't know about all issues, but if u set C states the way u did i don't see why there should be any problems caused by power saving modes like hanging system after sleep of BSOD on idle.

I dont know ur other settings, but IMHO at 5 ghz main thing to look after r Temps and Vcore. If u got there(5 Ghz) i guess u know what u r doing! thumb.gif

Also I didn't have time to play with OC with additional turbo voltage but I'll give it a try when i get the time to do it.
It might MAYBE be the way to solve some BSOD @ idle issues at higher clocks... would be a lot more fun if Intel had let us to go -0.xxx V on that offset voltage too so there would be 2 ways to set offset. One for normal idle-low multis and other for when OC kicks in...but i guess it s reserved for next gen chips after IVY.

On ASUS Z68 boards the setting for Additional Turbo Voltage is not present in the latest BIOS's. And the newest version provides significantly better stability for me (+5hrs of testing at 5100MHz/1.408v --- almost 11hrs stable).

(That's just FYI for ASUS people wondering about that setting.)
post #8447 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thmonkey View Post

I tried doing some statistical analysis on the just the data from the 2500K's, trying to predict temps based on voltage/speed/memory size/memory speed and type of cooling (air or water).
There's an awful lot of overlap between air and water, and voltage is a reasonable predictor (still lots of errors) if people are interested i'll post up the results. I'd also have some suggestions that might be useful if there is an ivy version of this thread with regards to additional data collection, probably 2-3 more fields, as I'm suspecting we could pull out the differences between HDT and non HDT air coolers, and there may be differences between board manufacturers which would help board selection, or as a supplement to people 'knowing' whats good. interested?

Oh, and I will be going Ivy, is it possible to get a mild OC low 4.0's on sandy with all of the power saving/idling left on?

Yes, I'd like to see what you found... I'm guessing you did some multiple regression?

post #8448 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 PM

Liked: 0
Ok I'm submitting 2 rigs for the Sandy Stable Club. First one is mine and the 2nd one is my son's. He's the 9 year old known to most in the gaming community as The Legend for his videos of when he was pwning noobs at the age of 6.
First of all though, thank you for all of the amazing help on this forum especially to Munaim and ras for helping me get these overclocks done in a relatively quick manner. I will post the videos of both of these rigs after I put some finishing touches on them.

I made sure to overlap the start/finish times on the Prime Blends as well as highlight the video cards to show the difference in the 2 rigs because a lot of our parts are the same.

Also this was my first watercooling build with many thanks as well to these forums for all of the great advice on how to build and where to shop.

I went with HT on for mine because for one, I'm a baller rolleyes.gif, and 2nd I'm going to be streaming and doing other media intensive projects with mine, otherwise I would have just gone with HT off.

Quick Edit: Because this is my first post on OCN I just thought I'd mention that I'm like one of those radio listeners that calls in and says "first time caller, long time listener" as I've been following OCN for years now and am always browsing around here when upgrading my computers, but just have never taken the time to actually become active in the community. biggrin.gif

And now for The Legend's rig thumb.gif

post #8449 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by david82282 View Post

Yes, I'd like to see what you found... I'm guessing you did some multiple regression?

Multi regression, Anova, simple box plots. Will give it a good go on Friday, just got a bunch of graphs and results at the moment. There is statistical significance in the results, which I was quite pleased to find.

post #8450 of 10702 Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 PM

Liked: 8
Anyone got any thoughts at whether memory voltage affects CPU temp on SB, and therefore is likely to on IVB? Going to buy ram and have a choice of that samsung LV stuff that should OC well at 1.4V or some more standard 1600 CL8 at 1.5V. one is a risk, one is a dead cert, but may generate more heat.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page