post #62 of 92 Old 11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
New rig again :s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletoath View Post
do you people think there is anything better than the zalman cnps9700 led? chiu2000 said the scythe infinty is too heavy for the mobo, and tunic tower is overkill. any comments?
Well, you just ruled out the 2 best coolers there. I would say it's between the TT Big Typhoon VX or the CNPS9700

Probably not much preformance difference between the two tempature wise, but the BT is heavier and wider than the Zalman.

Fold For Team 37726!! Get Started Here
Upgrades---> T7200 Core 2 Duo
Guide---> What Core 2 Duo Motherboard is right for me?
Projects---> Waterchiller Build
Rig 2---> P4 640 @ 4GHz, Asus P5P800-SE, 512MB crap, Sunbeam NUUO 550w
My Old Rig --->2.4AE @ 4.15GHz , semi Stable, yes 1.75GHz OC ...
post #63 of 92 Old 11-20-2006, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 5
are you saying that scythe and tunic are definitely better than zalman and BT?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 92 Old 11-20-2006, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

what do you guyz think about ASUS Striker Extreme mobo, assuming price is not an issue?

post #65 of 92 Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

hello anyone?

btw, why is another guy's thread with many people saying is BS getting more attention than mine which I have done some research into? just wanna know whats wrong cos its like this has only 60+ replies with 3.4k views posted since last wednesday and that guy 's thread has almost 100 replies with only 1k views posted since 6 hours back.

post #66 of 92 Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 PM
333mhz

Liked: 0
Scythe Infinity = the roxorz for air cooling!

post #67 of 92 Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 184
Quote:
hello anyone?

btw, why is another guy's thread with many people saying is BS getting more attention than mine which I have done some research into? just wanna know whats wrong cos its like this has only 60+ replies with 3.4k views posted since last wednesday and that guy 's thread has almost 100 replies with only 1k views posted since 6 hours back.
It's just the way it goes sometimes =/

Yes, the Scythe Infinity and the Tuniq Tower is better than the BT and anything that Zalman has to offer

The ASUS Striker Extreme is extremely overpriced, the P5B Deluxe IMO is the better buy

post #68 of 92 Old 11-22-2006, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

ok, i did notice the SE being overpriced.

does anyone (other than chiu2000) know why chiu2000 said that the scythe infinity is too heavy for the motherboard? it seems from some other threads, that the tunic tower is low on stock, so is the scyther infinty sufficient to oc cpu?

despite the SE being overpriced, other than losing out to 965 chipsets in oc'ing the CPU, do the features stand out? Because my budget has been changed to limitless but not excessive. Also, to overcome that, what is the cheapest way to water cool the CPU? Do I need to cool the northbridge and GPU too (min. I'm getting should be one 8800GTX, not BFG water cooled edition, although it might be considered if I get water cooling as well)?

furthermore, I see a lot of members having the Raptor drive. Is this drive extra fast in accessing time? What is so good about it?

sidenote : haiz...of all things why does it happen to me (high viewing, low reply rate) >.<

post #69 of 92 Old 11-23-2006, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

bump...

post #70 of 92 Old 11-23-2006, 05:14 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 184
Quote:
ok, i did notice the SE being overpriced.

does anyone (other than chiu2000) know why chiu2000 said that the scythe infinity is too heavy for the motherboard? it seems from some other threads, that the tunic tower is low on stock, so is the scyther infinty sufficient to oc cpu?

despite the SE being overpriced, other than losing out to 965 chipsets in oc'ing the CPU, do the features stand out? Because my budget has been changed to limitless but not excessive. Also, to overcome that, what is the cheapest way to water cool the CPU? Do I need to cool the northbridge and GPU too (min. I'm getting should be one 8800GTX, not BFG water cooled edition, although it might be considered if I get water cooling as well)?

furthermore, I see a lot of members having the Raptor drive. Is this drive extra fast in accessing time? What is so good about it?

sidenote : haiz...of all things why does it happen to me (high viewing, low reply rate) >.<
I have no idea why he would say the Infinity is too heavy but it is more than enough for OCing

The only thing standing out on the Striker is the fact it can do SLI but that's it

The cheapest way to WC your CPU is buy putting together your own kit and no, you don't need to WC the NB and GPU

IMO raptors aren't worth it, 2 normal 7200rpm HDD in raid-0 are faster and cheaper than a single raptor

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page