Closed Thread

post #41 of 46 Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
1.3ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Definitely agree with KeyboardXpert.

I just read the whole thread and OP is a joke. People love wasting money, see it all too often and it's usually someone clueless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 03-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Security Sleuth

Liked: 4
Frankly, I'm surprised a n00b like me caught on before anyone else.
post #43 of 46 Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Security Sleuth

Thanks dude! I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetname View Post

THIS is why I'm avoiding water based cooling solutions:

These are all horror stories from the 1-star rankings of Corsair Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers on Amazon. There are many more similar stories...I personally just won't risk it on such an expensive rig for what would amount to at most a few degrees difference in temperature.

I have never had issues with my h100i, in fact it has amazing performance.

My main suggestions to you would be:

1. Pick up the RIVE for mobo... that one is just silly
2. Pick a better monitor... What the hell is that? If you are spending that type of money get a U2713 at least.
3. Better case
4. Drop raid card lul
5. Better PSU/

Chimp Challenge Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant 

post #45 of 46 Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Ryzen from the ashes for EPYC yo

Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetname View Post

Well, right now I will be moving up from 60 hz to 144 hz...so, I'm a very excite. I know this lil' gamin' monitor o' mine isn't exactly the best in terms of pixel density, color, size, etc....but I really want a responsive monitor for once in my life. I'll probably get Call of Duty, for example. My brother is ranked in about top 500-2000 players in the world at COD...so I'm sure he'll be hella syked for one to get that extra bump in accuracy via decrease input lag and screen blur. (Btw, if you want evidence of this just ask and I'll link you to his Youtube channel...his specialty is knifing and he is so insane-pro it makes your eyes weep blood, lol). Also, I wouldn't mind a nearly no-blur guarantee when fast-scrolling across map in SC2 with fully jacked graphics...

Like I said above, don't worry: I'm eventually going to get nice big bold beautiful displays to go with it for all the stuff I want to be real pretty. But gaming...I just want it fast and accurate, as long as it's not distractingly ugly or anything I'm fine.
I just REALLY don't want to fry any components because once I order and start assembling all these parts my margin for error, financially-wise, is going to be real tight. Now, granted, if the worst does strike, it'll be ok. I'll just have to wait longer to actually experience my build is all and be very, very annoyed. But, it's not like it'd be the end of the world.

That said: I'd like to get it all right the first time. Thus all the extra research on top of research and the discussions with people (like forummers on OCN who know their stuff). So, do you think I'd be fine with say...a Kingston HyperX Genesis 32GB 8x4 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9, 1.65V) memory kit? Can I get a few people to chime in on that memory compatibility? Anyone have any better ideas? (please avoid memory over 1600MHz or a kit less than 32GB)

Come on dude, this is a OVERCLOCKING FORUM, we know our stuff! There's absolutely no way you can fry your components unless you're being stupid. Which you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchotodd View Post

I don't know what speakers/headphones you're currently using but a $40-80 sound card with a decent DAC will make even cheap speakers sound noticeably better. There are a ton of different things you can do for a sound system setup, so I'd encourage you to go through the audio forum here to get some ideas. As far as aka's first point goes, it really hits the nail on the head. With every build I do, I learn more and get better at it - and because of those two factors it's difficult to be 100% satisfied with your first build or few. You can build a totally awesome machine for $1500-2000 that will give you close enough performance to that $5000 beast you've got there for it not to be even close to worth the difference, then as previously mentioned use that savings toward upgrades later or even a whole new system once the time comes. But money considerations aside, the building experience is the most important thing to make sure not to neglect smile.gif
Which means pretty much that your original sound card is crap in the first place.
post #46 of 46 Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Security Sleuth

Guys, QUIT FEEDING THE TROLL!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page