finshed system need help overlocking - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
733mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 5
ok i just finished my system and i need help overclocking it. i got the E6300, g-skill ddr2-800 with 4-4-4-12 timing (1.8-2.0v) and the gigabyt ga-p965-ds3 board, what i need is that settings i shoudl set everything at thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 2
This is a very detailed good guide...
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardw...ict197995.html

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Zalman CNPS9500-AT
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 800
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT 256MB GDDR3
Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU
Antec NineHundred

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=145591

post #3 of 5 Old 12-22-2006, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
733mhz

yeah i have that guide and the only part i am having trouble with is that voltages especially with that mch and fsb in the bios it does not give you what it starts out as, only the increase, so how do i know when i have reached the right voltage and also i can't find the sb voltage anywhere. Also how to i lock the PCI because i can't seem to find that and lastly when i run a stress test i can hear this high pitched whistley noise is that normal, when i stop running the stress test it goes away?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by languy99 View Post
yeah i have that guide and the only part i am having trouble with is that voltages especially with that mch and fsb in the bios it does not give you what it starts out as, only the increase, so how do i know when i have reached the right voltage and also i can't find the sb voltage anywhere. Also how to i lock the PCI because i can't seem to find that and lastly when i run a stress test i can hear this high pitched whistley noise is that normal, when i stop running the stress test it goes away?

I have the same problem as you, it seems easy when they say up the voltage to this much but the DS3 bios doesn't say what it is to begin with. Just says +1 or something.

I have been running the stress test on 2 diff OC settings. Did not change any of the voltage but only changed fsb which in turn changed the ram and i set my ram timings to 4-4-4-12 as well as vcore to 1.35. So far, I have this:

Stress test been on for 8hrs and no errors but no high pitching noise. However, I do worry about the temperatures, anybody know what it should read at?

Im assuming the high pitching noise is not normal. Do you see any problems or everything stable so far?

post #5 of 5 Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
733mhz

what frequency are you running on that ram? i have been playing with it and i got it stable at 400fsb but i had to raise the voltages to to pretty much everything, i was trying to get it stable at 415fsb but i think i had to go to 1.4V on the vcore, and i was only running at 1.37. but right now i am trying to get it stable at 375fsb with a 1.5vcore, and 4-4-4-12 ram setting. we'll see how it goes. i want to get it rock solid at this setting and than move on.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page