Can Anyone help me out here ? BSOD Problems - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 111
My pc was running great now it is running like poop. This machine is a few weeks old. I got all the parts from newegg and it was a troublefree build.

It seems all of a sudden i am having issues. I have since stopped ocing and i am running the system stock now. The other day i was copying dvd's and so my problems began that was when i got my first BSOD. since then i have disabled the OC and i have been trying some things.

It seems to just happen at anytime, for instance i went to smoke a cigarette after about a half hour of searching on the web and trying to attempt to read memory dumps and whatever, when i came back Bsod, its sitting at idle .

I am looking for help on how to attack this. It sucks i do not have any spare stuff like a video card or extra memory, i ran memtest for a while the other day i think it was an hr and a half with no errors and that was while i was still oced. Im getting different stop errors. If you guyys want the specifics let me know Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 224
Post exactly what the errors are displaying if you can please.

Also, something changed to cause this. Try to remember the last thing you did before it started happening.

If you are overclocking, read this please.... http://www.overclock.net/intel-memor...rclocking.html

post #3 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 110
What PSU are you running? also OS? could just be "grey" charge in your circuits.
I would dis-assemble (unseat) each piece , wait about 30 mins, then re-assemble it.

I am not down with the "standard".
This man did not do what every other man did!
gunner2.gif. proof.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.S. View Post
What PSU are you running? also OS? could just be "grey" charge in your circuits.
I would dis-assemble (unseat) each piece , wait about 30 mins, then re-assemble it.
***???

If you are overclocking, read this please.... http://www.overclock.net/intel-memor...rclocking.html

post #5 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Man this just gets worse I can post all the messages if you like. At this point right now the pc doesnt boot.
STOP: c000021a{fatal system error} The system has been shut down- that was an attempt to boot to safe mode

I reseated everything yesterday- i have a corsair vx550 psu- windows Xp-I havent changed anything its a new build, i also ran a full hd scan using the WD utility came up with nothing.

First stop errors were 0x00000050 Page fault in nonpaged area
more recent was stop 0x00000d1
post #6 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 68
How is your N and S Bridge cooling? Airflow? Disassemble with just the video card in. Reset CMOS.
Will it post?

post #7 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Stock cooling got a CM 690 case. i think its pretty good the cpu would idle around 30 c

I dont suspect anything like that. i guess im thinking file corruption, maybe I know nothing about the subject really anyone care to take a shot. corruption due to oC ? i know its possible but i didnt think i was really pushing the envelope
post #8 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:24 AM
We'll go where eagles dare

Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.S. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph1589 View Post
***???
In a weird way he is right lol Sometimes when you can't find the answer, a simple re-build can fix it. That would be a last resort before RMA's though.

I R Edwud!

MMA > All other sports

cheers.gif British Overclockers Club
cheers.gif
post #9 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

I think i am pretty far from an rma at this point . i havent really had anything test bad

I did reseat the ram and also the video card yesterday. there arent any other things to remove. Anyone know about file corruption due to Oc ? does this sound like a candidate ??
post #10 of 31 Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
In a weird way he is right lol Sometimes when you can't find the answer, a simple re-build can fix it. That would be a last resort before RMA's though.
I disagree. We hadn't even gotten the error code at the point he suggested that.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page