Let's overclock my system together - Page 6 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #51 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 02:49 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 577
Well.... You might need more volts man... the stock speed of that processor is less than 2GHZ isnt it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 2
FreeRoller is right, you may need to increase the vcore and the NB voltage... Cause the most probable issue you may get is a memory dump BSOD or the system will hang on boot.

What BSOD are you getting??? are your voltages on stock right now??? and what are your temps on full load???

Whoever appeals to the law is either a fool or a coward. If one cannot take care of himself with out that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are all forgiven. If I live I will kill you".

post #53 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 PM
4.0ghz

I would try bumping Voltages up by .1-.15, up vcore 2 notches (but no more than a total of .1) and put your NB to 1.4V and make sure its got a fan on it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 110
Oh, I'm definitely using the fan this board came with. And the e2180's stock is 200MHz FSB with a x10 multi with a VID of 1.3250 (did I word that right? I wanna talk like you guys too lol). So, I manually set it to that in the beginning of all this about 2 days ago and decided to TRY and take baby steps to get to where I am now (that didn't go so well. I guess I'm too impatient. ).

But I have good news. I just got back to my computer to find that Orthos had passed my 6 hour test (it was at around 6 hours and 30 minutes). I used the Blend test. It passed with 280MHz FSB, x10 multi, vcore set at 1.3250 (vdroop, 1.288v in cpu-z), memory manually set to stock at 800MHz 4 5 4 11 vdimm 2.1v

The FSB Voltages is/was at Auto, and the same goes for the North and South bridge.

post #55 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
4.0ghz

*****, you say that like stock fans are a good thing. If the 680i Fan is anything like the 780i fan.... IT SUCKS ! I just tied an ordinary 80mm fan onto my NB and it cut my temperatures in HALF! Went from 60*C to 31*C -

BTW - the Vdroop means that whatever CPUZ reads, is what voltage you are actually using - not what is set in BIOS.... so your actually running 2.8Ghz on 1.28 V which is VERY VERY good!

Okay well I would take the FSB and NB off auto and set them according ly - 1.2 for FSB (for me this was the highest 'safe' option, not sure what yours is though.... as you have a 680i, and 1.4 for NB is definatly - if you still have probs try 1.45

post #56 of 69 Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
*****, you say that like stock fans are a good thing. If the 680i Fan is anything like the 780i fan.... IT SUCKS ! I just tied an ordinary 80mm fan onto my NB and it cut my temperatures in HALF! Went from 60*C to 31*C -
Oh hehe well, my temps hover at around 40-43°C. If I remember correctly, the voltage is at 1.4v when set to Auto. But that little thing is quite loud during POST before it slows way down for Windows. By the way, why does it go super fast when it's not in Windows, but as soon as it begins showing me the color of my desktop, it instantly slows down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX
BTW - the Vdroop means that whatever CPUZ reads, is what voltage you are actually using - not what is set in BIOS
I read somewhere on here that I can use the lead from a #2 pencil to "fix" this too.
Quote:
.... so your actually running 2.8Ghz on 1.28 V which is VERY VERY good!
Cool! I'm honestly glad to read that!

Quote:
Okay well I would take the FSB and NB off auto and set them according ly - 1.2 for FSB (for me this was the highest 'safe' option, not sure what yours is though.... as you have a 680i, and 1.4 for NB is definatly - if you still have probs try 1.45
The highest FSB Voltage I have in the little list is 1.5v.

What about adjusting the SB voltage? When should I consider increasing it?

Whew. Thanks guys. This is awesome.
post #57 of 69 Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 AM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
1Oh hehe well, my temps hover at around 40-43°C. If I remember correctly, the voltage is at 1.4v when set to Auto. But that little thing is quite loud during POST before it slows way down for Windows. By the way, why does it go super fast when it's not in Windows, but as soon as it begins showing me the color of my desktop, it instantly slows down?

I read somewhere on here that I can use the lead from a #2 pencil to "fix" this too.
Cool! I'm honestly glad to read that!

The highest FSB Voltage I have in the little list is 1.5v.

What about adjusting the SB voltage? When should I consider increasing it?

Whew. Thanks guys. This is awesome.
post will corrospond to the numbers accordingly

1. Its how the Auto fan works. For EVGA, I think Q-fan is tryin to be smart or something and get a head start on keeping your FSB Cooler while its under load.... prob happens while gaming too but you just dont notice it as much

2. This is Volt modding - search around in the right forums for it - there are plenty mods for it.... I will find a link later if i get time

3. Fantastic

4. well, im not familar with your BIOS but some of the voltages are color coded.... but using the highest is never best in most cases.... sounds like AUTO for that option might be best - unless we figure something else out (I preferr)

For SB Voltages - leave them alone - those are for hardrives, SLI, and other stuff that we arent messing with right now

post #58 of 69 Old 03-20-2008, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Oh, so I may eventually adjust the SB voltage?

By the way, may I steal your style of replying? That was brilliant with the number associations like that. I like how it saved space in the thread too.
post #59 of 69 Old 03-20-2008, 03:46 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 2
Wow that's pretty good!!! Getting it up to 2.8ghz stable for 6hours on orthos... You can still try lovering down you vcore to see if you can still drop your temps about 3C-7C. I'm only using 1.32v and I am on 3.04ghz. So It may be better for your temps...

Now since, you are already at 2.80ghz, try upping your fsb to 300mhzx10multi with only 1.32v... Watch your temps, don't go over 60c on full load... get us a screen shot when it passes...

Great work 5Cheese!!! You'll get more out of your CPU than I did the first time... Though it is a given that most M0 stepping dual cores are monster OC'ers compared to the lazy L2 stepping...

Whoever appeals to the law is either a fool or a coward. If one cannot take care of himself with out that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are all forgiven. If I live I will kill you".

post #60 of 69 Old 03-20-2008, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Yeah, check out my sig rig! I'm back at stock now because I just installed something and I want to be SURE it doesn't crash, but it only crashed when I tried to install Adobe Reader for the first time on this installation of Windows. But WOW, was it FAST. I tried for 3.7, but it wouldn't boot into windows - BUT IT POSTED!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page