need help with new ASUS MB not functioning... - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-30-2005, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 8
ok here is the deal, i just got my new parts in from newegg and i installed them.(new asus p4p800SE, big typhoon, 1gb 4x256 ddr500) for some reason, i can not get a signal from the monitor to the monitor input... when i turn the computer on, everything powers up. however, the two cd drives i have one just has a solid green light on, and the other has no light on. neither will open up. i also can not get the computer to turn off through the case switch... it will turn on, but wont turn off! ive checked the wiring NUMEROUS times. this is beginning to really frustrate me as ive waited a long while for this, and now i dont have a desktop.

complete specs(since its all new) are the asus p4p800, gf4mx4400(yeah yeah i dont game) 4x256 ddr500, p4 2.0 northwood, really good 430 TRUE WATT psu, dvd burner, cd burner, and the big typhoon for cooling. please help me get this thing working, im really bummed right now and out of ideas. i dont really know why its saying no signal. rep points to whoever can help me.

edit: forgot to mention that the PSU is an Antec Neo... it was brand new from newegg... just got it today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Custom User Title

Liked: 923
You need a new PSU unit. EXACT same thing happened to me. Get the 500W Antec SmartPower2 IT ROCKS!

post #3 of 6 Old 12-30-2005, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
You need a new PSU unit. EXACT same thing happened to me. Get the 500W Antec SmartPower2 IT ROCKS!

this psu is brand new!!! its an antec neo... i bought it because it was 80% efficiency. i have an old psu laying around, but its 200 watts

edit: ok, i took everything apart and reinstalled the heatsink. now the computer turns on and off with the front buttons, restarts, cd drives open(both work) HD sounds like its booting, but i get multiple beeps when it starts... im thinking its the video card. it makes the same beeps whether or not it has the video card in the AGP slot or nothing in it. i still cant get any signal from computer to monitor.

i have two cards i was using for testing, the gf4 mx4400 and a gf5500 or something like that... loaning it from my bro. i read the trouble shooting, and it didnt really say anything other then that it COULD be memory not detected in the video card. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? i mean seriously, its a brand new card. gosh, as soon as i can get this thing working, ill post results of the oc'ing im TRYING to do. cant do squat until i can get video out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

thanks for all the help guys. the motherboard has been determined to be DOA. flipping newegg wont RMA it either, ive got to go through asus. ****ing bull****. im angry. anyways, i just bought a 3.0 800fsb 1mbcache prescott. might return it, might not. dunno yet. have to wait to see how long its going to take me to get the board.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧·★゜・。☆゜。 ・゚

Liked: 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by supratt93
thanks for all the help guys. the motherboard has been determined to be DOA. flipping newegg wont RMA it either, ive got to go through asus. ****ing bull****. im angry. anyways, i just bought a 3.0 800fsb 1mbcache prescott. might return it, might not. dunno yet. have to wait to see how long its going to take me to get the board.
That CPU is good for well over 4.0 gigahertz on that mobo--I have that set up and with cheap corsair ddr400 benches pretty awesome on Sandra SISoft compared to more modern chipsets--only dualcore processors even come close--I reccomend RAID 0 for even more performance. Too bad about the DOA--It's still a decent mobo IMAO...

August 13th, 2011 sad-smiley-002.gif Happy trails, may we meet again.

CyberDruidPC is History

Overclock.net Mod of the Month June 2008  Overclock.net Mod of the Month December 2009  4 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #6 of 6 Old 12-31-2005, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter
1.3ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid
That CPU is good for well over 4.0 gigahertz on that mobo--I have that set up and with cheap corsair ddr400 benches pretty awesome on Sandra SISoft compared to more modern chipsets--only dualcore processors even come close--I reccomend RAID 0 for even more performance. Too bad about the DOA--It's still a decent mobo IMAO...

yeah, i heard its really good. now i just have to play the waiting game with asus. i might just breakdown and buy another brand, because i dont want to fool with asus' ****ty customer service. they have a gigabyte at compusa, of course 40 dollars more then on newegg... i might try to get them to pricematch or something.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page