[Officia]l ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club - Page 489 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #4881 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 214

@  996gt2  are you 100% SURE you have the  Internal PLL Over-Voltage  set to DISABLED ? I know you say you do ... but man EVERYTHING you talk about being an issue points to Internal PLL Over-Voltage being ON ? headscratch.gif not sure what else it could be, as every sleep / hibernate / coldboot complaint thread I've ever read ALL result back to the Internal PLL Over-Voltage  needing to be DISABLED and are resolved when this is done ... only thing I can think is maybe another of your BIOS settings somehow overrides or changes this setting internally somehow ? But I don't know what it could even be, time for you to send Raja@Asus a PM thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4882 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Slayer of Cancer Cells

Liked: 397
Well, should be joining this club with a 2600k next week biggrin.gif

Canon 60D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 ART| Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC
flickr

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #4883 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post

@  996gt2  are you 100% SURE you have the  Internal PLL Over-Voltage  set to DISABLED ? I know you say you do ... but man EVERYTHING you talk about being an issue points to Internal PLL Over-Voltage being ON ? headscratch.gif  not sure what else it could be, as every sleep / hibernate / coldboot complaint thread I've ever read ALL result back to the Internal PLL Over-Voltage  needing to be DISABLED and are resolved when this is done ... only thing I can think is maybe another of your BIOS settings somehow overrides or changes this setting internally somehow ? But I don't know what it could even be, time for you to send Raja@Asus a PM thumb.gif

Mine sleeps with pll overvoltage on auto..........

Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z bios 0403 , i5 2500k @4.4GHz ,Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866,Corsair GT 120 ssd,spinpoint 500 GB, GTX 570, kuhler 620 ,700w psu xigmatek, Fractal R3 case,asus stx sound card, M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4884 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrrad View Post

I should have been more clear I guess for those that aren't aware of the issue ...

Quote ASUS :

Internal PLL Overvoltage: Options are “Auto”, “Disabled” and “Enabled”. A manual setting of “Disabled” is recommended within the bounds of moderate overclocking. Using Core frequency multipliers in excess of 45X may need a setting of “Enabled”. The requirements of the “Enabled” setting will vary from processor to processor. The unfortunate side-effect is that resume from S3 sleep states is not possible when Internal PLL Overvoltage is set to “Enabled” - this is a hardware limitation, and only fixable by Intel.

post #4885 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan View Post

Quote:
Quote:

I should have been more clear I guess for those that aren't aware of the issue ...

Quote ASUS :
Quote:
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Options are “Auto”, “Disabled” and “Enabled”. A manual setting of “Disabled” is recommended within the bounds of moderate overclocking. Using Core frequency multipliers in excess of 45X may need a setting of “Enabled”. The requirements of the “Enabled” setting will vary from processor to processor. The unfortunate side-effect is that resume from S3 sleep states is not possible when Internal PLL Overvoltage is set to “Enabled” - this is a hardware limitation, and only fixable by Intel.

Yes, I tried with the setting on ENABLED, AUTO, and DISABLED. I had problems coming out of S3 in all 3 cases.

It's really strange, because with my old 2500K the board had no problems coming out of S3 sleep even with PLL OV enabled. Now that I swapped to a new chip (a much better overclocker), it seems to have problems with S3 sleep. And the most confusing part is that I can pass LinX and Prime95 for hours on end without any problems...but once I sleep the computer for a few hours, it's all over.

post #4886 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 05:38 PM

Liked: 8
In my research on this board Ive done some reading on the supplied link to Asus boards. They mention that the 5v rail on some power supply units seemed to be the culprit. What PSU are you using and have you checked out what I am referencing?

post #4887 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996gt2 View Post

Yes, I tried with the setting on ENABLED, AUTO, and DISABLED. I had problems coming out of S3 in all 3 cases.
It's really strange, because with my old 2500K the board had no problems coming out of S3 sleep even with PLL OV enabled. Now that I swapped to a new chip (a much better overclocker), it seems to have problems with S3 sleep. And the most confusing part is that I can pass LinX and Prime95 for hours on end without any problems...but once I sleep the computer for a few hours, it's all over.

Are you getting an F4 error when you bluescreen after S3, say, 20-40 seconds or so after you resume?

post #4888 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yes, the 0902 BIOS fixed this.

post #4889 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Liked: 166
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post

Quote:

Yes, the 0902 BIOS fixed this.

I have the 0902 BIOS, still does not come out of sleep sometimes with PLL OV at Auto or Enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996gt2 View Post

Are you getting an F4 error when you bluescreen after S3, say, 20-40 seconds or so after you resume?

I don't get a bluescreen. The system just never recovers from resume. Screen stays black, monitor does not get signal.
post #4890 of 7119 Old 01-10-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
First Time Build

@ 996gt2 , I guess you have to ask yourself is the couple hundred extra MHz of OC'ing worth this headache then ? do you still have the previous i5 2500k CPU chip that worked OK and didn't give you the Hibernation issues ? I'd go back to it for 24/7 use and live with the 300 +/- MHz slower OC myself guiltysmiley.gif yeah I understand the E-peen issue also but .... blushsmiley.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page